|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
2019; Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec 2018; Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec 2017; Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec 2016: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec 2015: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec 2014: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec 2013: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
|Edit this box|
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Julie Bowen, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Bravo. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
- Living in Japan? You lucky sod! 220 of Borg 06:26, 21 April 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you for the message 220 of Borg. I apologize for not responding sooner. I saw that "Pritam Singh (RJ Preetam Pyare)" eventually ended up getting deleted. I not sure if I could've added anything new to that AfD discussion since the others !voting pretty much covered all of the relative points. Perhaps someday that actor will be better able to satisfy the GNG, but until they receive better coverage in reliable sources I don't think any new draft is likely to be approved. - Marchjuly (talk) 13:30, 2 May 2015 (UTC)
Timeline of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
Thank you for your civility in answering my question about non-free images. I especially appreciated the edit tip you left behind even though I decided not to use it. It wasn't because it didn't work; I'm just anal about how articles look when they pop up on my screen. I'd rather have a blank space than an error-like message in the same place.
I'm trying to get away from plopping new articles directly in the Article namespace and then insanely patrolling them to make sure that they aren't deleted or otherwise vandalized. So, I've taken to writing userspace drafts and I actually submitted one to go through the AfC process.
- You're welcome Mikeylito. Technically non-free images are not to be used in the userspace at all, but I kinda remember something somewhere where a non-free image was left in because it was a draft. That might've have been an extreme case with other circumstance in play. One helpful thing about using the [[:File:file name]] mark up is that it lets the AfC reviews know you exactly where you intend to add an a image so they offer suggestions or tweak it a bit if needed. If you don't like the way this looks in the article, you can always use a hidden comment (which shows up only in the editing window) as a reminder to yourself or to reviewers about where you want to add a particular image. Anyway, good luck with your draft. - Marchjuly (talk) 05:46, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
Leaving talk page messages
Sorry still don't see how to enter text on my editors talk page. Is there a certain spot? Nothing for my cursor. Tried it on Ipad and PC — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kingseason (talk • contribs) 10:56, 30 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Kingsason. I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. I don't use a Ipad to edit on Wikipedia so I am not familiar with how it works. Typically, when you want to leave a message for an editor, you go to the top of their use talk page and click on "New Section". The editing window should open so that you can enter your message. Enter something for "Subject/headline", such as "Question about ....", to describe your question/comment, and then enter your actual question/comment into the bigger window below. When you've finished make sure to remember to sign your post using 4 tilde and then click the "Preview" bottom below the edit window. You should now be able to see a preview of your post. If you want to change/correct anything, just re-edit the post. If everything's good to go, click "Save page". The other editor should see this and they will reply if they deem necessary. This is not really instant messaging so it may take time for them to reply, but they will at least be notified you have posted on the page the next time they log in. It's also better to use "New Section" then "Edit" because "New Section" will place at the bottom of the page where it belongs; Using "Edit", on the other hand, may place the post in a place where it's harder to find.
- Finally, just for reference, it's probably better if you post questions about specific edits made to Robert Ira Lewy at Talk:Robert Ira Lewy. An article talk page is usually the best place to discuss an article because it allows everyone working on the page the chance to comment. Anyway, I hope that helps. If you're still having technical problems editing using your iPad, the editors at WP:RD/COMP my know more about the iPad problems you're having. Good luck - Marchjuly (talk) 04:26, 31 May 2015 (UTC)