|This is MX's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to MX.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8|
Just in case you're interested, I've forked several articles from the Cholula, Puebla article: San Francisco Acatepec, Santa María Tonantzintla, San Gabriel Convent, and Plaza de la Concordia. I've noted the forks at Talk:Cholula, Puebla and suggested additional trimming to the "Pyramid of Cholula and Nuestra Señora de los Remedios Church" section since there are separate articles about both. None of these articles are ideal, but hopefully they will get the ball rolling on some better standalone articles about seemingly notable topics. Just wanted to share in case you enjoy following along, thanks! ---Another Believer (Talk) 23:00, 4 December 2018 (UTC)
The copy edit you requested from the Guild of Copy Editors of the article Unomásuno has been completed.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Best of luck with the GAN review.
The article Unomásuno you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:Unomásuno for comments about the article. Well done! If the article has not already been on the main page as an "In the news" or "Did you know" item, you can nominate it to appear in Did you know. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Catrìona -- Catrìona (talk) 22:41, 10 December 2018 (UTC)
DYK for 2015 Ocotlán ambushEdit
DYK nomination of Joselyn Alejandra NiñoEdit
Hello! Your submission of Joselyn Alejandra Niño at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) underneath your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! Yoninah (talk) 23:45, 15 December 2018 (UTC)
A belated thanksEdit
Hey MX! Thanks for the successfully nominating México en la Piel for DYK. I didn't think there was anything in the article that would warrant a DYK and yet you did it. So I just let you know that I saw and am grateful for it! Erick (talk) 23:19, 28 December 2018 (UTC)
- @Magiciandude: You're very welcome! Thank you for getting the article to GA status. I'll be happy to review more Mexico-related articles you nominate. Cheers, MX (✉ • ✎) 18:29, 1 January 2019 (UTC)
- Hmm, does this count as a Mexican-related article to you? I'm just curious since I've nominated it for DYK and GA. Erick (talk) 16:46, 2 January 2019 (UTC)
1999 Matamoros standoffEdit
|Hi, I just wanted to let you know that the copy edit you requested for 1999 Matamoros standoff at the Guild of Copy Editors requests page is now complete. All feedback welcome! Cheers, Baffle gab1978 23:37, 30 December 2018 (UTC)|
Help identifying subjectsEdit
Hello again! These statues are installed outside the Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral:
Do you happen to know who the statues depicts?
- @Another Believer: Dang it, no idea. I tried looking online by Googling statues at Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral and couldn't find any. MX (✉ • ✎) 20:32, 1 January 2019 (UTC)
Just another FYI, you might enjoy seeing some of the recent updates at Monument to Christopher Columbus (Buenavista, Mexico City) and Monument to Christopher Columbus (Paseo de la Reforma, Mexico City). Happy editing! ---Another Believer (Talk) 15:59, 4 February 2019 (UTC)
Hi MX, thank you for your good faith "citation needed" and "unsourced section" edits of the above article. Just letting you know that I've reverted them because the opening sentence of the overall section states the source on which the rules were based. HTH. Cheers. Bermicourt (talk) 19:26, 2 January 2019 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of 2015 Ocotlán ambushEdit
Hi there, I'm pleased to inform you that I've begun reviewing the article 2015 Ocotlán ambush you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Buidhe -- Buidhe (talk) 07:41, 4 January 2019 (UTC)
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|Awarded in admiration of your excellent and detailed articles on the topics of Mexico and organized crime, such as 2015 Ocotlán ambush. buidhe (formerly Catrìona) 01:55, 5 January 2019 (UTC)|
Your GA nomination of 2015 Ocotlán ambushEdit
The article 2015 Ocotlán ambush you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:2015 Ocotlán ambush for comments about the article. Well done! If the article has not already been on the main page as an "In the news" or "Did you know" item, you can nominate it to appear in Did you know. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Buidhe -- Buidhe (talk) 02:01, 5 January 2019 (UTC)
For hard work and perseveranceEdit
|The Good Article Barnstar|
|It is my great pleasure to award you this barnstar in recognition of the many articles which you have been instrumental in promoting to GA status. Long may this continue. Gog the Mild (talk) 03:42, 5 January 2019 (UTC)|
DYK for Joselyn Alejandra NiñoEdit
- @Narutolovehinata5: Hello. Not sure what you need from me. Yoninah proposed a new hook and it is pending review. MX (✉ • ✎) 01:14, 9 January 2019 (UTC)
- I meant I was pinging you to see if you could respond to her proposal. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 01:24, 9 January 2019 (UTC)
Hi, thanks for tagging John Leamy (merchant) today. I'm not sure how to resolve the citation-needed tag for "Tusculum Street still runs nearby". Isn't the mere uncontroversial existence of a public street, identified by location, a case of WP:BLUESKY? I could find a Philadelphia street map to cite, of course, but it seems a bit silly. It would be like citing the existence of a book to some outside source, rather than just giving the publication details. What are your thoughts? As for the introductory sentence to the Business section, this is a summary of the section, introducing (per my best effort) no claims not cited below. Kim Post (talk) 02:59, 14 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Kim Post: Hi, thanks for coming to my talkpage. I'm more on the other side of the perspective, and think we should cite absolute statements of fact whenever made (notwithstanding if they are controversial or not). In the end, an additional source won't hurt. Besides, information on Wikipedia can quickly become outdated, so a source can help readers understand when the information was once relevant or factual (by adding an access date, for example). You are allowed to cite Google Maps or similar websites for specific roads, so feel free to do that.
Your GA nomination of 1999 Matamoros standoffEdit
Hi there, I'm pleased to inform you that I've begun reviewing the article 1999 Matamoros standoff you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Buidhe -- Buidhe (talk) 11:21, 18 January 2019 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of 1999 Matamoros standoffEdit
The article 1999 Matamoros standoff you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:1999 Matamoros standoff for comments about the article. Well done! If the article has not already been on the main page as an "In the news" or "Did you know" item, you can nominate it to appear in Did you know. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Buidhe -- Buidhe (talk) 19:02, 19 January 2019 (UTC)
DYK for 1999 Matamoros standoffEdit
DYK for Alberto Jorge's articleEdit
Thanks for your comment on my submission. I have done as you suggested.
While researching for the footballer's stats (that I copied from both the German and Spanish Wikipedia articles), I realized they were inaccurate or missing for some seasons; thus I had to go on research season by season, since his database profile has been deleted and does not seem to be any archive of it. Also I have added a few other interesting facts to the article such as how much León payed to bring him to Mexican football.
- @Cocu15: Thank you. Nice job with the article. I'm a Toluca fan myself, but I haven't been to the renovated stadium yet since I live far away from the State of Mexico. Do you plan to work on other managers for the team? I noticed a lot of red links at the manager's template.
- BTW, I did a few changes at the article, particularly with citation merging and archiving. Please let me know if you have any questions. Happy editing, MX (✉ • ✎) 14:49, 25 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Cocu15: I'm also happy to review any of your articles if you ever need me. Just drop me a line here or at the article's talkpage. MX (✉ • ✎) 14:51, 25 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Vaselineeeeeeee: Yes. This user keeps wanting to push the fact that Shakeel is dead when in reality there has not been an official statement from India, the U.S., or the Interpol. I initially thought he was right, but as I did more research it seems like the circumstances surrounding his supposed death are mysterious. The sources that claim he's dead do not even address this investigation conducted by India Today. They just claim he's dead, and that's it. I rather not give undue weight to any version. I'm not sure what to do at this point because the user doesn't seem to listen or want to engage in a discussion at the talkpage. MX (✉ • ✎) 14:17, 7 February 2019 (UTC)
- I agree with you. Official sources should be used that are confirmed by the relevant officials before someone should be considered dead. Good work expanding the article by the way. I've added it to my watchlist; I won't actively search if the news is later confirmed, but if another IP adds it later, it'll prompt me to do a quick search to confirm. Regards, Vaselineeeeeeee★★★ 15:23, 7 February 2019 (UTC)
Oh no.You guys got it wrong.It is an extremely intricate and complex subject but the fact is that he is no longer alive.The whole of India knows that and Pakistan would never admit that he even existed.Also the rumours began in early 2017 and go to a confirmation point via Intelligence analyst ocnus ( whose paper on Organized crime and politics has been published in many places) only in 2018 and in my opinion that changes the entire story and kills the rumours.But the State will not declare him dead.Since you know and are interested in organized crime-you might know why.There are a lot spelling errors on the article too.You need to analyze the time frames between the Rumours and the Confirmation after which there has been utter silenceClearwater555 (talk) 12:38, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
DYK for Adán Medrano RodríguezEdit
Adán Medrano Rodríguez copyeditEdit
|Hi, I just wanted to let you know that the copy edit you requested for Adán Medrano Rodríguez at the Guild of Copy Editors requests page is now complete. All feedback welcome! Good luck with GA and all the best, Miniapolis 23:57, 11 February 2019 (UTC)|
DYK nomination for Rosalinda González ValenciaEdit
I have completed a review at Template:Did you know nominations/Rosalinda González Valencia, and noted a couple minor questions. Please respond there when you are able. Thanks! Flibirigit (talk) 02:57, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
ITN recognition for United States of America v. Joaquín Guzmán LoeraEdit
Hi MX. After reviewing your request for "rollbacker", I have rollback on your account. Keep in mind these things when going to use rollback:
- Getting rollback is no more momentous than installing Twinkle.
- Rollback should be used to revert clear cases of vandalism only, and not good faith edits.
- Rollback should never be used to edit war.
- If abused, rollback rights can be revoked.
- Use common sense.
If you no longer want rollback, contact me and I'll remove it. Also, for some more information on how to use rollback, see Wikipedia:Administrators' guide/Rollback (even though you're not an admin). I'm sure you'll do great with rollback, but feel free to leave me a message on my talk page if you run into troubles or have any questions about appropriate/inappropriate use of rollback. Thank you for helping to reduce vandalism. Happy editing! TonyBallioni (talk) 05:40, 13 February 2019 (UTC)
José Manuel Garza Rendón copyeditEdit
|Hi, I just wanted to let you know that the copy edit you requested for José Manuel Garza Rendón at the Guild of Copy Editors requests page is now complete. All feedback welcome! Good luck with GA and all the best, Miniapolis 21:37, 14 February 2019 (UTC)|