User talk:Dr. Blofeld
Anybody watching this page if you see a deletion prod or warning in my absence feel free to delete it. I'm sick of logging in here and seeing multiple deletion warnings. Help keep this page hostility free, thankyou!.♦ Dr. Blofeld 12:57, 28 April 2019 (UTC)
Hello there, Doc. How's everything with yourself? Good I hope. I really do indeed hope you are doing well here and outside of Wikipedia (saying this as a fellow editor, friend and well-wisher).
BTW, I've nominated this film article about a poignant yet funny love triangle starring Shah Rukh Khan in the lead. The link for the FAC is right here. If it it not too much trouble, you leaving comments at the FAC would be most welcome and beneficial to the overall improvement of the article. I will be willing to do any QPQ for you. Thanks. — Ssven2 Looking at you, kid 15:21, 1 July 2019 (UTC)
Hi Ssven2. Never felt better in fact, something in particular happened to me today which I will remember the rest of my life and will change how I think about it. 10:29 am 10 July 2019, a sort of miracle in a way! It's been a special day here! I'll try to look at this on the weekend! ♦ Dr. Blofeld 19:44, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
Wikipedia 10,000 challengeEdit
Hi - I came across this wile stopping by KJP1's talk page - I've signed myself up, but can you explain a bit more how it works - do I just add new articles to the end of the list here? And can I add articles that I wrote before I signed up? I started writing articles a couple of months ago, and all of them would probably qualify for this (they're mostly about listed buildings in Scotland, with a smattering of English buildings and a couple of architects) - they're listed on my userpage if you want to check. Cheers GirthSummit (blether) 07:58, 8 July 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks! I confess that I actually got impatient and added them already! I'll update the list as I go along now, it's nice to feel part of a project. Cheers GirthSummit (blether) 19:49, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks! My only concern about that one is that I don't have an image to accompany it yet :(. I'm slowly working my way through the List of Category A listed buildings in Moray, writing articles about anything that doesn't have one yet. I'm hoping to do a road trip at some point to photograph all the buildings that I can't find images for - probably won't get round to that this year though, maybe next summer.
- Anyway, this seems like a fun thing to be involved with, so thanks for organising it. Cheers GirthSummit (blether) 20:05, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
Sounds like it would be a good weekend!♦ Dr. Blofeld 17:11, 13 July 2019 (UTC)
|Got you a cup of coffee|
|As we can't just bop over to the local coffee shop for a cuppa, this will work, too. Happy Friday. Rosiestep (talk) 13:19, 2 August 2019 (UTC)|
- May I join? I really just took a sip of coffee before opening this ;) - my 10th year here completed today, can you believe it? A DYK about an opera to celebrate, DYK? --Gerda Arendt (talk) 13:56, 2 August 2019 (UTC)
Haha, thanks Rosie!!! ♦ Dr. Blofeld 19:44, 5 August 2019 (UTC)
- TFA! Thank you for your part of Keswick, Cumbria, "a small town, known as the capital of the English Lake District. Its history goes back more than 700 years, and its literary associations are remarkable, from the Lake Poets to Hugh Walpole"! --Gerda Arendt (talk) 05:43, 10 August 2019 (UTC)
Thanks GA, Master Tim riley was a pleasure to work with! The panorama image is one of the best I've ever seen for TFA!♦ Dr. Blofeld 07:53, 10 August 2019 (UTC)
- I remember working with Tim on Messiah, and many more. Then I annoyed him, and don't even know what it was. What do you think of took it as a halloweenish joke, instead of breaking up relationship (or secretly complaining at T&S or arbcom which seems the latest fashion, - see Fram and Ritchie) ;)--Gerda Arendt (talk) 08:42, 10 August 2019 (UTC) ? - I just had reason to remember that you called me monster once, and I
I finally got around to adding a snippet to Zumarraga. I must say you did a pretty good job on it. If you are still interested in expanding Basque towns, I recently came across Errenteria, the birthplace of one of the Basque women I've been writing about. There's quite a bit more about it in the Spanish version.--Ipigott (talk) 09:38, 10 August 2019 (UTC)
Thanks Ipigott. As I was saying to Rosie I think I'll try to start to commit to improving some of our stubs on localities, not just Spanish world but also French and Italian. With a lot of them a few sentences would make a big difference. I just destubbed Aiguebelette-le-Lac. Every municipality by now should at least be minimum like that, frustrating! ♦ Dr. Blofeld 11:31, 10 August 2019 (UTC)
- De-stubbing Spanish, French and Italian towns would be really useful. Let me know if you need any help.--Ipigott (talk) 11:40, 10 August 2019 (UTC)
Great to hear from you again after such a long time, and sorry I have taken so long since you sent your request for help on this page - things have been hectic here recently. As you may have noticed - I haven't been doing much on WP recently. This is because I have been focusing on my large, and still growing, book on the 3rd century Weilüe - a seemingly endless job - but I thrive on the research - it is the very best medicine - but it is hard not to gallop off down new side-tracks all the time.
I don't know whether I mentioned to you previously that I am now almost totally bed-bound with a gradually collapsing spine. So, although the collapse is relatively slow, and certainly not life-threatening, I have been getting worried that I may not be able to complete my book in time. So, I have been focusing on that recently rather than the WP.
However, I have had a look at the View History page on Nagqu to find it completely covered with records of your edits. Congratulations! Yes, it certainly did need some help and you have done a sterling job so far. It is far more informative, and better reading since all of your contributions. I am not sure how much more I could add to it now - but, if you feel you would still like some help with it, I am happy to have a search through the references I have here to see if there is much else of note which should be added to it. There should be at least some more references or links I could add. I will see how I go.