Archive 1 ( – 27 July 2005)
- Unconstructive edits to this page will be reverted at will and without notice.
- I edit Wikipedia infrequently, so I may not see your message for some time.
You've recently had an unpleasant interaction with Rainbowwarrior1977 that has been included in an RfC against him. Please consider commenting here. Thanks. -- Essjay · Talk 23:48, August 7, 2005 (UTC)
How to archive talk pagesEdit
Good afternoon but I saw your talk page and was wondering if you could teach me how to archive my talk page just like yours since it is getting really long now I am new to the Wikimedia and would apprecite your advice on this and how tod o it thank you. Da Brah do Brasil!
- Your talk page isn't overly long, so you don't really need to archive it yet if you don't want to. If you still want to archive it, here is the easiest way:
- Move your talk page to User talk:Wiki brah/Archive 1 (or a similar name of your choosing).
- Go to User talk:Wiki brah and create a new page containing a link to User talk:Wiki brah/Archive 1 . You can view the source of my talk page for a good syntax if you want. It is important that you don't forget this step, since someone might accuse you of hiding things that people said to you.
- With a relatively short page length like yours, you should probably leave a comment on your new talk page explaining why you archived such a small talk page.
- Add User talk:Wiki brah/Archive 1 to your watchlist so you can reply to newbies who post there by mistake.
- ⇝Casito⇝Talk 20:45, 24 August 2005 (UTC)(Also posted to User talk:Wiki brah)
Thank you very much good afternoon!!Wiki brah 04:00, 25 August 2005 (UTC)
You've been nominated for adminshipEdit
Congradulasions on your Administrator ship. Can you now help me after I nomminated you like all these people are yelling at me now for I dont know what. CAn you talkk to them please Obrigado Wiki_brah (talk • contribs)
HI! No I am sorrry to hear that. But who has wrote more articles on here me or you? Maybe nexxt time.Wiki brah 02:26, 4 September 2005 (UTC)
Links off of DeconstructionEdit
I did explain the removal on the talk page, so I don't really understand why you would revert and ask that I explain myself where I had already done so. If we don't agree, feel free to argue your view. 00:14, 16 September 2005 (UTC)
I am currently on a router-enforced wikiholiday. This will last indefinitely. I intentionally added a line to my packetfilter configuration which prevents me from even reading Wikipedia. This extreme measure was needed to stop me from procrastinating by reading Wikipedia. ⇝Casito⇝Talk 17:52, 26 September 2005 (UTC)
I know it is not neccessary to inform other editors when articles they have worked on have been further modified by someone else, but I just contacting a few recent editors to let them know that I have made significant additions to the MRP II article, and intend to do some more, unless someone objects. In my opinion, most all the ERP articles are stubs in need of attention, while the MRP II article in particular is a bunch of lists. Much more prose is needed. User:AlMac|(talk) 05:31, 10 January 2006 (UTC)
License tagging for Image:Sship.svgEdit
Thanks for uploading Image:Sship.svg. Wikipedia gets thousands of images uploaded every day, and in order to verify that the images can be legally used on Wikipedia, the source and copyright status must be indicated. Images need to have an image tag applied to the image description page indicating the copyright status of the image. This uniform and easy-to-understand method of indicating the license status allows potential re-users of the images to know what they are allowed to do with the images.
For more information on using images, see the following pages:
This is an automated notice by OrphanBot. If you need help on selecting a tag to use, or in adding the tag to the image description, feel free to post a message at Wikipedia:Media copyright questions. 04:09, 15 August 2006 (UTC)
Return from wikiholidayEdit
Anyone who has looked at my edit history can see that my "wikiholiday" was not as much of a holiday as I intended, since I made a number of contributions during it. I've decided to just edit whenever I have time which will be somewhat infrequent. Most of my future contributions will be SVG images (and minor edits). -⇝Casito⇝Talk 16:20, 15 September 2006 (UTC)
WheEeee! I award you the "Ship-image-of-quality" for all those SVGs of sailplans. 22.214.171.124 21:34, 11 June 2007 (UTC)
Licensing Ship ImagesEdit
I am interested in putting your sail plan images in an iPhone app. I am unclear about the licensing exactly. Can I include these images for free as long as I credit you?
Please let me know at http://www.sevenshadow.com/contact
I recently noticed your http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mcpherson_strut.jpg image. I was wondering whether you could perhaps make a new image showing only the tie rod and its components from the original Mcpherson_strut CAD file. Parts that need to be shown are the arms and the ball joint, and it should show that the tie rod is not connected to the rim of the wheel. Also, perhaps this tie rod can then also be used to model out a regular parallellogram steering linkage (see http://www.motorera.com/dictionary/pa.htm and http://www.carquestchassistraining.com/ss_steering_linkages.htm ) I've been looking on some quick ways to get these simple schematics made, in particular as they are vital for almost any vehicle (such as a velomobile design I'm working on)
Notification of automated file description generationEdit
Your upload of File:Alberta population.svg or contribution to its description is noted, and thanks (even if belatedly) for your contribution. In order to help make better use of the media, an attempt has been made by an automated process to identify and add certain information to the media's description page.
This notification is placed on your talk page because a bot has identified you either as the uploader of the file, or as a contributor to its metadata. It would be appreciated if you could carefully review the information the bot added. To opt out of these notifications, please follow the instructions here. Thanks! Message delivered by Theo's Little Bot (opt-out) 11:40, 17 December 2013 (UTC)
Wikimedia DC Annual Meeting and more!Edit
Hello, fellow Wikipedian!
I am excited to announce the upcoming Wikimedia DC Annual Meeting at the National Archives! We'll have free lunch, an introduction by Archivist of the United States David Ferriero, and a discussion featuring Ed Summers, the creator of CongressEdits. Join your fellow DC-area Wikipedians on Saturday, October 18 from 12 to 4:30 PM. RSVP today!
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 08:09, 6 October 2014 (UTC)
You're invited to the end-of-the-year meetup at Busboys and Poets on Sunday, December 14 at 6 PM. There is Wi-Fi, so bring your computer if you want!
You are also invited to our WikiSalon on Thursday, December 18 at 7 PM.
Hope to see you at our upcoming events!
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 02:22, 8 December 2014 (UTC)
Museum hacks and museum editsEdit
- February 6–8: The third annual ArtBytes Hackathon at the Walters Art Museum! This year Wikimedia DC is partnering with the Walters for a hack-a-thon at the intersection of art and technology, and I would like to see Wikimedia well represented.
- February 11: The monthly WikiSalon, same place as usual. RSVP on Meetup or just show up!
- February 15: Wiki Loves Small Museums in Ocean City. Mary Mark Ockerbloom, with support from Wikimedia DC, will be leading a workshop at the Small Museum Association Conference on how they can contribute to Wikipedia. Tons of representatives from GLAM institutions will be present, and we are looking for volunteers. If you would like to help out, check out "Information for Volunteers".
I am also pleased to announce events for Wikimedia DC Black History Month with Howard University and NPR. Details on those events soon.
If you have any questions or have any requests, please email me at james.hare wikimediadc.org.
See you there! – James Hare
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 03:12, 2 February 2015 (UTC)
Wikimedia DC celebrates Black History Month, and more!Edit
Not even a week ago I sent out a message talking about upcoming events in DC. Guess what? There are more events coming up in February.
Now, I am very pleased to announce:
- Tuesday, February 17 from 10 AM to 3 PM there will be #WikiTurgy at the University of Maryland. Join fellow theatre enthusiasts for a “mass act of public dramaturgy!”
- Thursday, February 19 from 10 AM to 4 PM we are hosting the Howard University Black History Edit-a-Thon. We are working in partnership with the Moorland-Spingarn Research Center to improve Wikipedia’s coverage of African-American and African diasporic history.
- Tuesday, February 24 from 6 PM to 8 PM we have the Black History Month “First Edit” at NPR. Help improve Wikipedia and help others make their first edit to Wikipedia!
- Finally, our monthly dinner meetup is on Saturday, February 28.
There is going to be a lot going on, and I hope you can come to some of the events!
If you have any questions or need any special accommodations, please let me know.
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 18:20, 7 February 2015 (UTC)
Editing for Women's History in MarchEdit
I am very excited to announce this month’s events, focused on Women’s History Month:
- Sunday, March 8: Women in the Arts 2015 Edit-a-thon – 10 AM to 4 PM
- Wednesday, March 11: March WikiSalon – 7 PM to 9 PM
- Friday, March 13: NIH Women's History Month Edit-a-Thon – 9 AM to 4 PM
- Saturday, March 21: Women in STEM Edit-a-Thon at DCPL – 12 PM
- Friday, March 27: She Blinded Me with Science, Part III – 10 AM to 4 PM
- Saturday, March 28: March Dinner Meetup – 6 PM
Hope you can make it to an event! If you have any questions or require any special accommodations, please let me know.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, remove your name from this list. 02:24, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
Upcoming attractions in DCEdit
Here are some upcoming DC meetups in April and May:
- Tuesday, April 14: National Archives Hackathon on Wikipedia Space with American University – 2:30-5pm
- See the latest work on the Wikipedia Space exhibit in the new NARA Innovation Hub and brainstorm on new ideas for a public exhibit about Wikipedia
- Friday, April 17: Women in Tech Edit-a-thon with Tech LadyMafia – 5-9pm
- Team up with Tech LadyMafia to improve Wikipedia content on women in the history of technology.
- Saturday, April 25: April Dinner Meetup – 6 PM
- Dinner and drinks with your fellow Wikipedians!
- Friday, May 1: International Labour Day Edit-a-Thon – 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM
- An edit-a-thon at the University of Maryland
Hope to see you at these events! If you have any questions or require any special accommodations, please let me know.
To remove yourself from this mailing list, remove your name from this list. 22:16, 13 April 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 22:15, 30 November 2015 (UTC)
February events and meetups in DCEdit
March events and meetups in DCEdit
Source for SVG?Edit
Hello, Casito. Could you tell me what the source is for this image? I suspect that you made it, but as-is it states that you got it from an unspecified free source, but under a license that requires attribution. If it is yours, would it be OK to move it to Commons? HLHJ (talk) 18:11, 9 July 2017 (UTC)