Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBotEdit
SuggestBot predicts that you will enjoy editing some of these articles. Have fun!
Note: All columns in this table are sortable, allowing you to rearrange the table so the articles most interesting to you are shown at the top. All images have mouse-over popups with more information. For more information about the columns and categories, please consult the documentation and please get in touch on SuggestBot's talk page with any questions you might have.
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. Your contributions make Wikipedia better — thanks for helping.
I saw this edit by SuggestBot (talk · contribs) on Miyagawa's talk page about your user study. I read that you're only "aiming for between 20 and 50 participants." Is this something for which editors need an invitation, or can anybody participate? — fourthords | =Λ= | 19:18, 22 September 2016 (UTC)
- Hi @Fourthords:, thanks for the question! Anybody that wants to can participate. If you know anyone that you think would be interested I encourage you to invite them to participate! Another Article (talk) 19:49, 22 September 2016 (UTC)
Hi Another Article, I've been doing the surveys for over 3 weeks, I was wondering was there a cut off point or is this just an indefinite thing ?,
I've enjoyed answering and hopefully helping abit but it's now becoming a tad annoying having to keep answering especially when I've answered the same question like 2 or 4 times before,
Thanks for the surveys tho - I've actually enjoyed filling them out :),
Thanks, –Davey2010Talk 17:19, 30 October 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Davey2010!
- First, thank you for your participation in the study! Right now the off-boarding process is to remove the user script from you common.js. This was intended to allow people to participate for as long as they desire since every response is valuable to us. We suggest to leave it enabled for two weeks, but want people to have the freedom to participate for longer. I appreciate your comment though, since it makes me think that we should add a message in at the two week point indicating that it should be removed if you do not feel like continuing on. This will probably provide a better experience for participants.
- You mentioned that you were asked the same question multiple times. Do you mean that it was the exact same question about the same edit or was it the same type of question for a couple different edits?
- Thanks once again for your participation! Another Article (talk) 21:55, 30 October 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Another Article, Ah okay well I've had it for over 3 weeks :), Ah looking back at the Suggestbot it does say for 2 weeks, I've really enjoyed doing them but my patience is wearing quite thin with it lol,
- I get 2 questions for each edit - but for this one it's describe the edit made you made and something along of the lines of "what did you use" - As I do DMY/MDY converts, Heading fixes, whitespace removals etc alot it becomes rather annoying having to fill out the same thing over and over again,
- The other thing that's extremely annoying (and this happens virtually everyday) - I'll close an AFD - and then the survey comes up asking "How did you find this article" and another question I've completely forgotten - The heading/title is something along the lines of "Result of the AFD was keep" so again this question begins to infuriate me especially when I'm going through the AFD log,
- Ofcourse I realize the survey is just doing its job but when you close an AFD for an article you've never edited nor ever heard of and you get a survey asking "how did you find this article" you feel like smacking your face against a brick wall lol,
- Don't get me wrong I've thoroughly enjoyed it and I hope I've helped in some way but I don't think I can do this for much longer lol (It wouldn't be so bad if the survey would come up when I actually cite or improve articles but they tend to come up more or less when I'm doing gnome-work or afd closures),
- Anyway thanks again for creating this survey and I ope you have some luck :), Thanks, –Davey2010Talk 22:33, 30 October 2016 (UTC)