|Search user languages|
I was an early contributor to wikipedia (late 2002, only around 18 months after it started), so I started a fair number of pages. When I started, there were only about 30,000 articles in the English wikipedia. In fact, I worked with User:Brion Vibber, who was Wikipedia's only technical guy at the time, to set up the Malay wikipedia.
Mainly for my own satisfaction, I list below some of my early contributions to Wikipedia-English:
Articles I started, and wrote a tiny bit:
- Fischer Black - stockmarket theory
- Myron S. Scholes - stockmarket theory
- short selling - stockmarket theory
- underlying instrument - stockmarket theory
- Alias|wavefront - graphics software
- Maxtor Corporation - computer hardware
- Ahmed H. Zewail - nobel winning Chemist, went to a presentation by him
- Pitcher plant - just 'cos I have a picture
- Carniverous plants - to link pitcher plant from!
- Masjid - another word for mosque
Articles I started, and wrote a reasonable amount of information:
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport - Malaysia information
- Mount Kinabalu - Malaysia information
- Technical analysis - stockmarket theory
- Fundamentals analysis - stockmarket theory
- Black-Scholes - stockmarket theory
- Risk free interest rate - stockmarket theory
- Maya (software) - graphics software
- Intrusion detection system - security software
- Shah Alam - Malaysia information
- Thaipusam festival - Malaysia information
- Batu Caves - Malaysia information.
- Petronas Twin Towers - Malaysia information.
- Tower block - British English for high rise.
- High-rise - everybody knows what it is, nobody defined it.
- Crore - Indian measurement.
- Lakh - Indian measurement.
- Mimos Berhad - my employer.
- Localization - what it is.
- Internationalization - what it is.
- G11n - abbreviation.
- I18n - abbreviation.
- L10n - abbreviation.
- Mark Rothko - famous artist.
- Kuala Lumpur Star Light Rail Transit - Malaysia info.
- Kuala Lumpur Putra Light Rail Transit - Malaysia info.
- Kuala Lumpur Monorail - Malaysia info.
Since then, I wrote a lot more...