What Wikipedia is not: WP:! WP:NOT WP:WWIN
Picture of the dayEdit
- 1456 – Joan of Arc was declared innocent of heresy in a retrial twenty-five years after her death.
- 1798 – Outraged by the XYZ Affair, the United States rescinded its treaties with France, resulting in the undeclared Quasi-War, fought entirely at sea.
- 1911 – Four countries signed the North Pacific Fur Seal Convention, which banned the open-water hunting of seals (example pictured).
- 1963 – The secret police of Ngô Đình Nhu, brother and chief political adviser of South Vietnamese president Ngô Đình Diệm, attacked a group of American journalists who were covering a protest during the Buddhist crisis.
- 1990 – The Three Tenors performed together for the first time in a concert at the Baths of Caracalla in Rome, watched by a global television audience of around 800 million, on the eve of the 1990 FIFA World Cup Final.
In the newsEdit
- Floods in Kyushu, Japan, kill 49 people.
- The Russian electorate votes to amend the Russian constitution (pictured).
- European police agencies infiltrate EncroChat, an alleged criminal chat system, leading to the arrests of more than 800 people.
- More than 170 people are killed in a landslide at a jade mine in Hpakant, Myanmar.