|This is a Wikipedia user page. This is not an encyclopedia article.|
Somewhere along the line, this editor became a "veteran" which means that this editor should know better. If doing wrong, this editor may be (virtually) whacked with a trout.
This editor is an eventualist and believes that there's no need to panic and that issues with articles can be resolved in due course. This editor believes that articles written over time in the main namespace will attract a broader variety of editors, helping to prevent group think and systemic bias. This editor endeavours to be kind and to appreciate kindness from others, and tries to follow the wiki way and the precepts of WP:DGAF. While initially an exopedian, this editor has gradually become more involved with WikiProjects as a mesopedian (approx. 60% of edits to mainspace and 15% to projects). This editor generally contributes through cleanup tasks and assisting a small number of WikiProjects, while continuing to learn how The Project works.
Beginning in January 2018, this editor served as a project coordinator of the WP:Guild of Copy Editors. This is not a distinction of any competency or authority, but indicates a designated volunteer who will perform maintenance and housekeeping for the user group. This editor is also a member of the WP:Typo Team (focusing on apostrophe-related typos) and WP:Canada (promoted its 10,000 Challenge and developed an award system for contributors).
This editor has received 57 barnstars and 80 other awards, and has given over 300 barnstars to deserving editors. This editor has written 60 articles, one of which was good. This editor has two entries on the DYK leaderboard and is hovering at the bottom of the list of top-10,000 Wikipedians by edit count. This editor was named Editor of the Week across consecutive years.
Reidgreg's personal high-points as a Wikipedian include:
- Receiving my first barnstar. ( )
- Having my first GA cited in a heated talk page discussion. ( )
- Learning that an article I expanded had received a quarter-million page views. (permalink)
- Learning that a new editor I'd encouraged had made contributions far exceeding my own. ( )
- Leading the GOCE coordinator team and ending my term with an Eddy and support from 13 editors, the highest turnout recorded in five years. ( )
- Getting a DYK listed for April Fool's 2019. (more)