|This user account is a bot operated by Jtmorgan (talk). It is used to make repetitive automated or semi-automated edits that would be extremely tedious to do manually, in accordance with the bot policy. The bot is approved and currently active – the relevant request for approval can be seen here. |
Administrators: if this bot is malfunctioning or causing harm, please block it.
Hi! HostBot is a program, not a person. But I'm a person, and I run this program. If you received a message from HostBot and want to know why, or if you have any other questions about HostBot, ask me on my talk page.
has been awarded these badges:
2020-02-27: HostBot is online HostBot should be sending invites daily at around 16:00 UTC. If the bot seems to have stalled, please ping me! J-Mo 19:44, 27 February 2020 (UTC)
I'm building reports to help us triage our work. I'll keep updating this list as I go. Feedback welcome on my talkpage J-Mo 00:14, 16 March 2020 (UTC)
- Social media traffic report: This report is a project of the WMF Research team. It presents information about the articles that are receiving the highest traffic volume for four social media platforms. For more information, see the project page and the about page. Updates daily at around 13:00 UTC.
- COVID-19 daily article report: Daily pageviews and quality predictions for articles that use Template:2019–20_coronavirus_pandemic. Updates daily at around 14:00 UTC.
- Top 1000 article report: Shows running weekly total pageview counts for all articles that appeared among the top 1000 most-viewed articles on any day within the past week. Intended as a replacement for the Top 5000 report, which is down as of April 1 2020. Updates daily at around 15:00 UTC.
HostBot automates repetitive tasks that reduce the maintenance necessary to keep the Teahouse humming along. If you are interested in implementing HostBot scripts on another wiki or would like to help improve the code base, please check the resources in the Specs section below and contact J-Mo via talk page or email.
- Wikipedia:Bots/Requests_for_approval/HostBot_4 (+ addendum)
- invites new editors to visit the Teahouse. (More info here)
- invites new editors to try out Training Modules (on indef hold)
- updates featured content (recent questions, recent guests, featured hosts) on the Teahouse main page.
- archives Teahouse guest profiles to WP:Teahouse/Guest_book
- sorts Teahouse host profiles on Wikipedia:Teahouse/Host_landing based on recent participation
- invites new editors to play The Wikipedia Adventure
- On April 4 2018 there was an error which resulted in broken subst of invites to a batch of approx. 300 new editors. The invite pointed to the wrong template location, so the subst didn't render correctly. I fixed the error (for most of the affected users) by creating a temp copy of the invite template in the expected location and then sending out duplicate invites to re-render the page correctly. This resulted in most invitees receiving two invites instead of one for the day. The underlying error has been corrected in the code. J-Mo 19:39, 4 April 2018 (UTC)