2018 United States Senate election in Washington
The 2018 United States Senate election in Washington took place on November 6, 2018, in order to elect a member of the United States Senate to represent the state of Washington. Incumbent Democrat Maria Cantwell successfully ran for re-election to a fourth term.
Cantwell: 50–60% 60–70% 70–80%
- 1 Nonpartisan blanket primary
- 2 General election
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Nonpartisan blanket primaryEdit
The primary election featured 30 candidates, a near record amount for a U.S. Senate election in Washington.
- Maria Cantwell, incumbent Senator
- Don L. Rivers
- Clint Tannehill
- George H. Kalberer
- Mohammad Said
- Joey Gibson, activist and founder of Patriot Prayer
- Goodspaceguy, perennial candidate
- Susan Hutchison, former chair of the Washington State Republican Party
- Rocky De La Fuente, businessman and former presidential candidate
- Tim Owen
- Matthew D. Heines
- Art Coday
- John Orlinski
- Keith Swank
- RC Smith
- Dave Bryant
- Matt Hawkins
- Glen Stockwell
- Ron Higgins (withdrew May 19, 2018)
- Clay Johnson, activist
In Washington, primary candidates may declare a preference for any party, and their party preference does not imply that the candidate is nominated or endorsed by the party. Candidates may also declare a preference for new or single-candidate parties.
- Mike Luke (Libertarian Party)
- Brad Chase (FDFR Party)[a], communications strategist
- Sam Wright (The Human Rights Party)
- Alex Tsimerman (StandupAmerica)
- Steve Hoffman (Freedom Socialist Party), union organizer
- James Robert "Jimmie" Deal (Green Party)
- According to Chase, FDFR stands for Fuck Democrats Fuck Republicans
|Democratic||Maria Cantwell (incumbent)||929,961||54.68%|
|Independent||Jennifer Gigi Ferguson||25,224||1.48%|
|Democratic||Don L. Rivers||12,634||0.74%|
|Republican||Glen R. Stockwell||11,611||0.68%|
|Republican||Matthew D. Heines||7,737||0.45%|
|Freedom Socialist||Steve Hoffman||7,390||0.43%|
|Republican||Roque "Rocky" De La Fuente||5,724||0.34%|
|Green||James Robert "Jimmie" Deal||3,849||0.23%|
|The Human Rights Party||Sam Wright||3,761||0.22%|
|FDFR Party||Brad Chase||2,655||0.16%|
|Democratic||George H. Kalberer||2,448||0.14%|
|Independent||Charlie R. Jackson||2,411||0.14%|
|Republican||R. C. Smith||2,238||0.13%|
|The Cook Political Report||Solid D||September 28, 2018|
|Inside Elections||Solid D||September 29, 2017|
|Sabato's Crystal Ball||Safe D||September 27, 2017|
|Fox News||Likely D^||July 9, 2018|
|CNN||Solid D||July 12, 2018|
|RealClearPolitics||Safe D||June 2018|
^Highest rating given
|Elway Research||October 4–9, 2018||405||± 5.0%||53%||39%||9%|
|Public Policy Polling (D-NPI)||May 22–23, 2018||675||± 3.8%||52%||36%||12%|
|Democratic||Maria Cantwell (incumbent)||1,803,364||58.43%||-2.02%|
- Camden, Jim (May 19, 2018). "U.S. Senate primary: Cantwell and 29 challengers". The Spokesman-Review. Retrieved July 23, 2018.
- CANTWELL, MARIA
- RIVERS, DON L MR
- TANNEHILL, CLINT RONALD
- Kavanaugh, Shane Dixon (February 25, 2018). "Patriot Prayer leader Joey Gibson plans U.S. Senate run in Washington". Oregon Live. Retrieved 26 February 2018.
- "Who has filed - King County". King County. 16 May 2018. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- O'Sullivan, Joseph; Brunner, Jim (May 18, 2018). "Former State Republican Party chair Susan Hutchison challenging Sen. Maria Cantwell". The Seattle Times. Retrieved May 21, 2018.
- "Roque "Rocky" De La Fuente".
- "2018 Candidates Who Have Filed". Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- Susan Hutchison. "WA Secretary of State @KimWyman12 endorses @Susan4Senate. Grateful that our state's favorite elected official knows who's best for US Senate! #susan4senate". Twitter.
- Susan Hutchison. "Yet another important early endorsement for our campaign: Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers. Republicans all across Washington are rallying behind our campaign for US Senate; be sure to return your ballot by August 7th! #Susan4Senate". Facebook.
- Susan Hutchison. "Thank you to Congressman Dan Newhouse for his endorsement of our campaign! Proud to call him a friend and appreciate all he does for #WA04. Remember to return your ballots by Aug 7 and vote #Susan4Senate!". Twitter.
- Susan Hutchison. "The 45,000-strong Hunters Heritage Council has endorsed @susan4senate! #susan4senate #hunting #waelex". Twitter.
- Susan Hutchison. "I am proud to be endorsed by the Washington Farm Bureau, and will always fight to protect our private property and water rights from burdensome federal regulations. #Susan4Senate". Twitter.
- Details for Candidate ID : S8WA00202
- Coleman, Miles (July 5, 2017). "2018 Senate Race Ratings - July 2017". Decision Desk HQ. Retrieved September 2, 2017.
- STRIDER, DAVID LEE
- Mike Luke (L) for Senate
- TSIMERMAN, ALEX
- McNamara, Neal (February 26, 2018). "Patriot Prayer Founder Joey Gibson Will Run Against Cantwell". Seattle Patch. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "Campaign Kickoff Party: Steve Hoffman for U.S. Senate". Freedom Socialist Party. February 23, 2018. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "United States Senate primary election in Washington, 2018". Office of the Washington Secretary of State. Retrieved June 6, 2019.
- "2018 Senate Race Ratings". The Cook Political Report. Retrieved October 11, 2017.
- "2018 Senate Ratings". The Rothenberg Political Report. Retrieved October 11, 2017.
- "2018 Crystal Ball Senate race ratings". Sabato's Crystal Ball. Retrieved October 11, 2017.
- "2018 Senate Power Rankings". Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- "Key Races: Senate". Retrieved July 15, 2018.
- "Battle for the Senate 2018". Retrieved July 15, 2018.