Unieuro S.p.A. is the largest Italian retailer of consumer electronics and household appliances by number of outlets, with a network of 460 stores throughout Italy.
|Giancarlo Nicosanti Monterastelli (CEO)|
|Revenue||€1.66 Bln (FY 2017)|
Number of employees
|3,900 (FY 2017)|
The Company, which reported net revenues of €1.66bln for the fiscal year ended February 28, 2017, debuted on Borsa Italiana (the Italian Stock Exchange), by listing on STAR Segment, on April 4, 2017 under the UNIR ticker.
Led by CEO Giancarlo Nicosanti Monterastelli, Unieuro S.p.A. formerly traded as “SGM Distribuzione”, a company that has been controlled by private equity fund Rhone Capital since 2005 and that operated under the “Marco Polo-Expert” brand name in Italy.
In 2013, SGM Distribuzione signed an agreement with Dixons Retail to acquire the old-Unieuro, an independent Italian electronics and domestic appliances retailer founded in 1967, which Dixons took over in 2001.
As a result of the transaction, former Unieuro business merged into SGM/Marco Polo-Expert under the renewed brand-name of Unieuro S.p.A. In October 2017, It was reported that Unieuro entered into a contract to acquire Cerioni Group branch company consisting of 19 direct stores, currently operating under the brand Euronics.
- acq5.com, "Unieuro Acquires Andreoli" (http://www.acq5.com/post/unieuro-acquires-andreoli)
- uk.reuters.com, "BRIEF-Unieuro FY adj. net income up 41.3 pct at EUR 36.3 mln" (http://uk.reuters.com/article/brief-unieuro-fy-adj-net-income-up-413-p-idUKFWN1IC10N)
- mondovisione.com, "Unieuro Debuts Today on the Star Segment of Borsa Italiana" (http://www.mondovisione.com/media-and-resources/news/unieuro-debuts-today-on-the-star-segment-of-borsa-italiana-the-company-raised)
- uk.reuters.com, “Unieuro Completes Acquisition of Monclick” (http://uk.reuters.com/article/brief-unieuro-completes-acquisition-of-m-idUKFWN1J60A5)
- uk.reuters.com, “BRIEF-Unieuro completes closing of acquisition of Andreoli unit” (http://uk.reuters.com/article/idINL8N1IK0K3)
- italy24.ilsole24ore.com, “Private equity sets sights on the Italian retail industry” (http://www.italy24.ilsole24ore.com/print/AEbBkxOB/0?refresh_ce=1)
- gcmagazine.co.uk, "Dixons, Unieuro and Marco Polo For New Electrical Retailer Group For Italian Market" (http://gcmagazine.co.uk/dixons-unieuro-and-marco-polo-form-new-electrical-retailer-group-for-italian-market/)
- trust net.com, “Dixons Acquires 24% of Italy's Leading Independent Electrical Retailer And An Option To Acquire The Balance” (https://www.trustnet.com/Investments/Article.aspx?id=200111270701367365N/)
- theretailbullettin.com, “Dixons completes deal to merge Unieuro with Marco Polo” (https://www.theretailbulletin.com/news/dixons_completes_deal_to_merge_unieuro_with_marco_polo_02-12-13/)
- "Unieuro rileva 19 negozi Euronics". October 5, 2017. Retrieved October 16, 2017.