UltraTech Cement Limited is an Indian cement company based in Mumbai. It is a subsidiary of the Indian multinational conglomerate, Aditya Birla Group. Ultratech is the largest manufacturer of grey cement, ready mix concrete (RMC) and white cement in India with an installed capacity of 116.75 million tonnes per annum, and is the only company in the world to have a capacity of over 100 million tonnes in a single country, outside of China.
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|K.C.Jhanwar, Managing Director|
|Revenue||₹42,772.60 crore (US$6.0 billion)  (2020)|
|₹5,243.53 crore (US$740 million)  (2020)|
|₹5,814.84 crore (US$820 million)  (2020)|
|Total assets||₹79,337.13 crore (US$11 billion)  (2020)|
|Total equity||₹39,115.48 crore (US$5.5 billion)  (2020)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Aditya Birla Group|
UltraTech Cement has 23 integrated plants, 1 clinkerisation plant, 26 grinding units and 7 bulk terminals. Its operations span across India, UAE, Bahrain and Sri Lanka.
In the white cement segment, UltraTech goes to market under the brand name of Birla White. It has a white cement plant with a capacity of 0.68 MTPA and 2 WallCare putty plants with a combined capacity of 0.85 MTPA.
With 100+ Ready Mix Concrete (RMC) plants in 39 cities, UltraTech is the largest manufacturer of concrete in India.
In February 2016, Bombay High Court rejected UltraTech's plan to acquire two cement plants from Jaiprakash Associates. In 2015 the court passed the Mines and Mineral Development and Regulation Act after which the company began to make plans to acquire several cement plants as a whole by acquiring Jaiprakash Associates.
Mergers and acquisitionsEdit
- Staff Reporter (27 July 2017). "UltraTech Cement sets foot in AP". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "UltraTech Cement Consolidated Profit & Loss account, UltraTech Cement Financial Statement & Accounts". www.moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 14 August 2020.
- "UltraTech Cement Consolidated Balance Sheet, UltraTech Cement Financial Statement & Accounts". www.moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 14 August 2020.
- "Ultratech Cement | TopNews". Topnews.in. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "Bombay High Court rejects UltraTech Cement's plan to buy JP Associates' plants in MP". The Economic Times. 27 February 2016. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "UltraTech acquires Jaypee Cement unit for Rs. 3,800 cr". Hindustan Times. 11 September 2013. Retrieved 4 March 2021.
- "UltraTech completes acquisition of Jaiprakash group cement business". The Economic Times. Retrieved 4 March 2021.
- Jain, Aniruddha (18 June 2018). "UltraTech acquires Century Textiles' cement business | M&A Critique". Retrieved 4 March 2021.
- "BCL auction: UltraTech to buy Binani Cement for Rs 7,266 crore, seeks end to insolvency proceedings". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 4 March 2021.
- Gaur, Vatsala. "Ultratech Cement makes Binani its subsidiary". The Economic Times. Retrieved 4 March 2021.