Century Textile and Industries
Century Textile and Industries is a textile, paper manufacturing and export company based in Mumbai. The main business activity involves manufacture of cotton textiles, yarn, denim, viscose filament rayon yarn, tire-cords, caustic soda, sulphuric acid, salt, pulp, and paper. The company also has a substantial dominance in the international textile markets and exports its products to more than 45 countries around the globe.
|Type||Public company |
(BSE: 500040 NSE: CENTURYTEX)
|Industry||Textiles & Paper|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Mr. B. K. Birla, Chairman, Kumar Mangalam Birla, AGM RK Dalmia, president|
|Products||fabrics, designer wear, denim, cosmetics & toiletries, engineering files & tools, prophylactics and air charter services|
|Revenue||₹45,431.8 million (US$600 million) (2009–2010)|
|₹3,394.7 million (US$45 million) (2009–2010)|
Century Textiles & Industries Limited is an IS/ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001 company. The Government of India also awarded it with 'Three Star Export House' status.
In 1956, Company began its Rayon Division at Kalyan, near Mumbai to manufacture Viscose Filament Rayon Yarn.
The textile mill stopped the production in Mumbai in 2006 due to increase in operating costs. The new plant in Jhagadia, District. Bharuch became functional in 2009 with the name Birla Century and is producing only fine and finer fabrics in 100% Cotton fabrics. The company has exclusive showrooms across India in Mumbai, Delhi, Jaipur, Kota, Ahmedabad etc.
- "Century Textiles and Industries Ltd". Centurytextind.com. Archived from the original on 26 February 2011. Retrieved 2 December 2010.
- "Kumar Birla to lead Century Textiles". The Times of India. 7 April 2006. Retrieved 2 December 2010.
- Sharad Vyas (17 November 2010). "BMC may take back mill land". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 December 2010.
- "Century Textiles sees margin pressure as cotton zooms". The Economic Times. 22 September 2010. Retrieved 2 December 2010.
- "BSE Plus". Bseindia.com. Retrieved 2 December 2010.
- Udit Prasanna Mukherji (13 January 2010). "B K Birla plans to hike stake in group companies". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 December 2010.
- "Century Textile and Industries Ltd.,TEXPROCIL, Cotton Textiles, Textile Industry India, Cotton Yarn, Fabrics, Made-ups, Handlooms". Texprocil.com. Retrieved 2 December 2010.
- "Century Textiles Ind". Business.mapsofindia.com. Retrieved 2 December 2010.