Twenty20 Kizhakkambalam is an Indian nonprofit charitable organization at Kizhakkambalam in Ernakulam district, Kerala. The prime objective of the organization is to make Kizhakkambalam Grama Panchayat the best Grama Panchayat in India by 2020. This organization won the elections in the local body elections in 2015.
|Founder||Sabu M. Jacob|
Twenty20 Kizhakkambalam is a nonprofit charitable organization promoted by the Kitex Garments, a garment exporting company part of the Anna Kitex Group—ranked in Forbes Asia's 200 Best Under A Billion Dollar companies. In the 2015 Grama Panchayat elections, the organization won 17 out of 19 seats in the village council and secured 69 percent of vote share. According to Sabu M. Jacob, the Managing Director of Kitex Garments, the victory was because of the failure of the prevailing political parties. Kitex Garments disbursed its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) funds for the development and welfare schemes undertaken by Twenty20.
Twenty20 has taken lead in providing drinking water to the people of Kizhakkambalam. They have also taken interest in making toilets; repairing houses; sponsoring surgeries and wedding; building places of worship and donating seeds and agricultural implements. The organization runs a grocery shop in Kizhakkambalam supplying vegetables and groceries at half the market price. 7,000 families are visiting the market regularly to buy provisions.
During the 2020 Kerala Local body elections, party has won nine seats in Aikkaranadu panchayat, five seats in Kunnathunad and five seats in Mazhuvannur higher than the 17 of the 19 seats in Kizhakkambalam in 2015.
Anti alcohol movementEdit
Twenty20 promised to make Kizhakkambalam an alcohol free village. This was the main offer of the organization during the election campaign in November, 2015. And they kept their word by closing down the only beverage outlet available in this area.
- "Twenty20: Disrupting Kerala's political game".
- "It's a T20 match in Kizhakkambalam". 12 October 2015 – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Kitex gives T20 a new spin in Kizhakambalam - Times of India".
- "How a company may change India's politics".
- "Kerala private firm enters panchayat poll fray, fields its own 'Twenty20'". 25 October 2015.
- "Twenty20 spreads wings in neighbouring panchayats in Kerala". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 16 December 2020.
- "Kizhakkambalam will be made liquor-free: Twenty20". 9 November 2015 – via www.thehindu.com.