The Twelfth Seimas of Lithuania is a parliament (Seimas) in Lithuania. Elections took place on 9 October 2016, with the run-off on 23 October. The Seimas commenced its work on 14 November 2016 and served a four-year term, with the last session taking place on 10 November 2020.
|Twelfth Seimas of Lithuania|
In the elections in 2016, 70 members of the parliament were elected on proportional party lists and 71 in single-member constituencies. Elections took place on 9 October 2012. Run-off elections were held on 23 October in the single-seat constituencies where no candidate secured a seat in the first round.
|Party||Nationwide constituency||Single-member constituencies||Total
|First round||Second round|
|Homeland Union – Lithuanian Christian Democrats||276,275||22.63||20||258,834||21.57||1||246,108||27.94||10||31||–2|
|Lithuanian Peasant and Greens Union||274,108||22.45||19||229,769||19.15||0||311,611||35.38||35||54||+53|
|Social Democratic Party of Lithuania||183,597||15.04||13||183,267||15.27||0||115,599||13.12||4||17||–21|
|Anti-Corruption Coalition (LCP–LPP)||77,114||6.32||0||36,621||3.05||0||6,876||0.78||1||1||New|
|Electoral Action of Poles in Lithuania – Christian Families Alliance||69,810||5.72||5||63,291||5.27||2||13,526||1.54||1||8||0|
|Order and Justice||67,817||5.55||5||70,958||5.91||0||28,894||3.28||3||8||–3|
|Lithuanian Freedom Union (Liberals)||27,274||2.23||0||39,987||3.33||0||10,130||1.15||0||0||New|
|Lithuanian Green Party||24,727||2.03||0||11,047||0.92||0||5,627||0.64||1||1||New|
|Political Party "Lithuanian List"||21,966||1.80||0||17,519||1.46||0||8,709||0.99||1||1||New|
|Lithuanian People's Party||12,851||1.05||0||9,767||0.81||0||–||–||–||0||0|
|Against Corruption and Poverty (JL–LTS)||6,867||0.56||0||4,150||0.35||0||–||–||–||0||New|
|The Way of Courage||3,498||0.29||0||4,619||0.38||0||–||–||–||0||–7|
|Source: Central Electoral Commission|
Viktoras Pranckietis was elected as a Speaker.
After the elections, the parliamentary groups were formed in the Seimas, largely on the party lines: Lithuanian Farmers and Greens Union (LVŽSF), Social Democratic Party of Lithuania (LSDPF), Liberal Movement (LSF), Order and Justice (FTT), Electoral Action of the Poles in Lithuania (LLRAF), Homeland Union - Lithuanian Christian Democrats (TSLKDF) and the Mixed Group of Members of the Seimas (MSNG).
The term of the Seimas was noted for particularly significant shifts among parliamentary groups. Most notable examples were Social Democratic Party and Order and Justice parliamentary groups. The former had split into two separate parliamentary groups (and later, parties), while the latter (along with the party) completely disintegrated.
By the end of the term of the Seimas, the following parliamentary groups were active.
|Lithuanian Farmers and Greens Union||LVŽSF||49|
|Social Democratic Labour Party of Lithuania||LSDDPF||12|
|Social Democratic Party of Lithuania||LSDPF||9|
|Electoral Action of Poles in Lithuania – Christian Families Alliance||LLRA–KŠSF||8|
144 members have served in the Twelfth Seimas.
- "Jauniausiems Seimo nariams – vos 26-eri".
- Percentage share of valid votes; Lithuanian Central Electoral Committee present figures including both valid and invalid votes.
- "2016 m. Seimo rinkimų rezultatai" [Results of the 2016 Seimas elections] (in Lithuanian). Central Electoral Commission. 24 October 2016. Retrieved 25 October 2016.
- "Teismas nusprendė: LRT finansavimo modelis Konstitucijai neprieštarauja". 3 November 2020.
- ""Valstiečiai" sutrukdė V. Pranckiečiui pateikti kandidatūrą į KT teisėjus | Diena.lt".
- Gudavičius, Stasys. "Naujojo Seimo nariai pasidalino į šešias partines frakcijas". Vz.lt (in Lithuanian). Retrieved 10 November 2020.
- "Išrinkti Lietuvos Respublikos Seimo nariais 2016-2020". Central Electoral Commission. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- Samoškaitė, Eglė (24 January 2017). "G. Kildišienė: nebematau galimybių normaliai dirbti". Delfi.lt. Retrieved 24 January 2017.