Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic is an organizational psychologist who works mostly in the areas of personality profiling, people analytics, and leadership development. He is currently a professor of business psychology at University College London (UCL) and Columbia University, as well as the Chief Talent Scientist at ManpowerGroup.
|Occupation||Professor of Business Psychology at University College London (UCL), Chief Talent Scientist at ManpowerGroup|
|Known for||Personality profiling and psychometric testing|
Professional and academic careerEdit
Chamorro-Premuzic is one of the founders of Meta, a company that creates data-driven tools to help corporations identify employees and leaders with entrepreneurial talent. He also serves as a consultant for both the private and public sectors, with clients that have included JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, Prudential, Unilever, the British Army, the BBC, Twitter, Spotify, and Harvard’s Entrepreneurial Finance Lab. He is the director of the MSc in Industrial-Organizational and Business Psychology at the University College London (UCL), having previously co-run the MSc in Occupational Psychology at Goldsmiths, University of London. He has also previously taught at the London School of Economics and New York University. He is the author of the column Mr. Personality, which appears regularly on Psychology Today, and contributes regularly to the Guardian, Fast Company, Management Today, Forbes, and Harvard Business Review. In February 2015, Dr. Chamorro-Premuzic assumed the role of CEO at Hogan Assessments after spending two years as the company's vice president of research and innovation. The company provides personality assessment services that corporations can utilize for hiring and training purposes.
Awards, media appearances and positionsEdit
Dr. Chamorro-Premuzic was awarded with the Early Career Development Award from The International Society for the Study of Individual Differences in 2009. He also received the Daniel E. Berlyne Award for Outstanding Research by a Junior Scholar at the 2010 American Psychological Association Awards. He was selected by Workforce Management as a 2013 Game Changer, an award that recognizes human resources’ innovative rising stars under 40 for their positive impact on the past, present and future of the HR industry. In 2015 he was awarded the Raymond Katzell award for bringing Industrial-Psychology science to the wider public. In 2017 he was elected Fellow to the Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP). He has made multiple media appearances on BBC, CNN, and Sky News, and has appeared on Live from Studio Five and on Big Brother. He serves on the board of directors for The International Society for the Study of Individual Differences (ISSID). He has also served on the editorial board of the APA Division 10 Journal of the Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts.
Dr. Chamorro-Premuzic is the author or co-author of a series of books dealing with psychology and how it relates to individual personality and the workforce. He has also published over 100 scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Personality And Intellectual Competence, Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, Adrian Furnham, Routledge, 2005
- Personality and Individual Differences, Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, Wiley, 2007
- The Psychology of Personnel Selection, Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, Adrian Furnham, Cambridge University Press, 2010
- The Wiley-Blackwell Handbook of Individual Differences, Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, Sophie von Stumm, Adrian Furnham, Blackwell Publishing, 2011
- Personality 101, Gorkan Ahmetoglu, Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, Springer, 2012
- Confidence: Overcoming low Self-esteem, Insecurity, and Self-doubt, Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, Hudson Street Press, 2013
- The Talent Delusion: Why Data, Not Intuition, Is Key to Unlocking Human Potential, Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, Little Brown Book, 2017
- Why Do So Many Incompetent Men Become Leaders? (And How to Fix It), Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, Harvard Business Review Press, 2019
- "Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, Ph.D". Huffingtonpost.com. 2012-11-16. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- "Meta - Profiling". Metaprofiling.com. 2012-05-02. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- "Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, Ph.D." Psychology Today. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- "Meta - Dr Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic". Metaprofiling.com. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- "t_chamorro_premuzic". Ucl.ac.uk. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- "MSc Industrial/Organizational and Business Psychology". Ucl.ac.uk. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- Chamorro, Tomas (2013-02-12). "Embrace Work-Life Imbalance - Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic - Harvard Business Review". Blogs.hbr.org. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- Chamorro, Tomas. "Mr. Personality". Psychology Today. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- "Harvard Business Review Magazine, Case Studies, Articles, Books, Pamphlets - Harvard Business Review". Hbr.org. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "ISSID The International Society". Issid.org. 2012-10-21. Archived from the original on 2014-07-01. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Congratulations!". Apa.org. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- “2013 Game Changer: Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic”. Workforce.com. 2013-08-11. Retrieved 2013-08-22.
- "Faculty". Nyu.edu. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- "Tomas Chamorro Premuzic on IMDB". IMDB.com. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- "Tomas Chamorro Premuzic - How to build confidence the right way | Tips For Winning The Complex Sale". Agocluytens.com. 2012-08-07. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- "ISSID The International Society". Issid.org. 2012-10-21. Archived from the original on 2014-07-01. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- Personality 101 - Gorkan Ahmetoglu, PhD, Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, PhD. Retrieved 2013-03-22 – via Google Books.
- "News & Events, Goldsmiths, University of London". Gold.ac.uk. 2013-01-21. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- "Personality and Intelligence in the Prediction of Career Success". Psico.fcep.urv.es. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- Personality And Intellectual Competence - Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, Adrian Furnham - Google Boeken. Retrieved 2013-03-22 – via Google Books.
- Personality and Individual Differences - Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic - Google Books. Retrieved 2013-03-22 – via Google Books.
- The Psychology of Personnel Selection - Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, Adrian Furnham - Google Books. Retrieved 2013-03-22 – via Google Books.
- The Wiley-Blackwell Handbook of Individual Differences - Google Books. Retrieved 2013-03-22 – via Google Books.
- "Personality 101 | Gorkan Ahmetoglu / Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic | 9780826107848 | Psychology: Personality Psychology - Springer Publishing Company". Springerpub.com. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- "Confidence: Overcoming Low Self-Esteem, Insecurity, and Self-Doubt: Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic Ph.D.: 9781594631269: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2013-04-03.