Thomas Charles O'Halleran (//; born January 24, 1946) is a member of the United States House of Representatives, representing Arizona's 1st congressional district. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from Arizona's 1st district
Assumed office |
January 3, 2017
|Preceded by||Ann Kirkpatrick|
|Member of the Arizona Senate|
from the 1st district
|Preceded by||Ken Bennett|
|Succeeded by||Steve Pierce|
Thomas Charles O'Halleran|
January 24, 1946
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
Republican (Before 2014)|
O'Halleran formerly served as a Republican in the Arizona State Legislature. He represented the 1st District in the Senate from 2007 to 2009, but was unseated by primary challenger Steve Pierce during the 2008 election cycle. Prior to that, he served in the Arizona House of Representatives from 2001 through 2006.
In 2014 he resigned from the Republican Party, citing the party's policies on education, water and child welfare as reasons for his departure. He then stood for election in the 6th District as an Independent, losing by 3%. After leaving the Arizona State Legislature, O'Halleran hosted a radio show on KAZM in Sedona.
U.S. House of RepresentativesEdit
O'Halleran won the Democratic primary on August 30, 2016, against Miguel Olivas. He faced Republican Paul Babeu and Green Party candidate Ray Parrish in the general election on November 8, 2016. O'Halleran defeated Babeu, receiving 51% of the vote to Babeu's 44%.
- Committee on Agriculture
- Committee on Armed Services
- "Meet Tom - Tom O'Halleran for Congress". www.tomohalleran.com. Retrieved 2016-07-30.
- "Tom O'Halleran". Ballotpedia. Retrieved March 1, 2016.
- Bell, David (August 7, 2015). "Former state Rep. O'Halleran joins CD1 candidate field". Eastern Arizona Courier. Retrieved March 1, 2016.
- "O'Halleran announces candidacy in 1st Congressional District". Arizona Capitol Times. Associated Press. August 5, 2015. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- "Red to Blue - DCCC". Retrieved 2016-07-30.
- Reagan, Kevin (August 3, 2016). "Bennett joins Babeu in pledging to term limits". Arizona City Independent. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- "Ray Parrish | azvoterguide.com". 2016.azvoterguide.com. Retrieved 2016-09-24.
- "It's Republican Paul Babeu And Democrat Tom O'Halleran In Monstrous CD-1 Race". 31 August 2016. Retrieved 7 December 2016.
- "Democrat Tom O'Halleran defeats Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu in CD-1". ABC 15. November 8, 2016. Retrieved 11 November 2016.
- "Members". Blue dog coalition. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- "Members". New Democrat Coalition. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- Official list of congressmen for 115th Congress, on which O'Halleran is listed as "D-Sedona")
- Congressman Tom O'Halleran official U.S. House website
- Campaign website
- Biography at the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
- Profile at Vote Smart
- Financial information (federal office) at the Federal Election Commission
- Legislation sponsored at the Library of Congress
- Appearances on C-SPAN
| Member of the Arizona Senate for the 1st District
|U.S. House of Representatives|
| Member of the U.S. House of Representatives
from Arizona's 1st congressional district
|Current U.S. order of precedence (ceremonial)|
| United States Representatives by seniority
|This article about an Arizona politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|