Tom Homer (born 1 April 1990) is an English rugby union player who plays at centre, wing and fullback for Bath Rugby in the Aviva Premiership. He was a member of the Grand Slam winning England U18 side in 2008 and was a member of the England U20 squad in January 2008.
|Date of birth||1 April 1990|
|Place of birth||Salisbury|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||91 kg (14 st 5 lb)|
|School||Milton Abbey School|
|Rugby union career|
Homer attended Norman Court Preparatory School and then Milton Abbey School in Dorset, where as a flyhalf, he was captain of rugby at both establishments.
On leaving school, Homer signed to London Irish's academy. He signed a professional contract with the club in June 2008, making his debut against Worcester Warriors and scored his first tries for the club in their victory over Saracens on 23 November 2008.
Homer also kicked two penalties in the Exiles' 38–17 win over Worcester on 15 March 2009, and kicked eight from eight (six penalties and two conversions) against Northampton Saints on 22 March 2009. At the start of the 2012-13 Premiership campaign Homer stated that he wanted to be known for more than just his kicking and was looking to get more involved and to use the opportunity of the attacking blueprint of coach Brian Smith to do so. Homer cites former England centre Mike Catt as a major influence.
On 23 January 2015, London Irish announced that Homer would leave the club at the end of the 2014-15 season, on resultant expiry of his contract. On 11 February 2015, Homer officially signed for Bath with immediate effect, following the departure of Gavin Henson to Bristol Rugby.
- Tom Homer acknowledges support of Andover RFC with donation of his first England shirt
- London Irish 27–14 Saracens
- London Irish 38–17 Worcester
- London Irish 37–27 Northampton
- Tom Homer leads London Irish to victory
- Homer, Tom. "Much more than a goal kicker". Living Rugby. Retrieved August 2012. Check date values in:
- Homer reveals in Premiership life
- "London Irish utility back Tom Homer will leave the club at end of season". Sky Sports. 23 January 2015.
- "Bath sign London Irish utility back Tom Homer". Sky Sports. 11 February 2015.