This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tom Glynn Carney
Glynn-Carney at the 2019 WonderCon
|Born||7 February 1995|
Life and careerEdit
Glynn-Carney studied at Canon Slade School in Bolton, and went on to study Musical Theatre in Pendleton College of Performing Arts. He then attended the Guildhall School of Music and Drama where he studied acting. While studying, he participated in professional stage adaptations of Peter Pan and Macbeth.
His first experience on television was in 2013 when he had a role in two episodes of Casualty. He secured a lead role in the BBC military drama The Last Post, launched as part of the new season Autumn 2017 content on BBC1. He plays Lance Corporal Tony Armstrong.
From April 2017, Glynn-Carney starred as Shane Corcoran in the Jez Butterworth play The Ferryman which opened at the Royal Court Theatre. He later transferred with the production to the west end at the Gielgud Theatre, leaving the production in October 2017. Glynn-Carney won the Emerging Talent Award at the Evening Standard Theatre Awards for his performance.
Glynn-Carney's first film is war drama Dunkirk, which was directed by Christopher Nolan and released in July 2017. He plays Peter, the son of the captain of a civil boat that sailed to rescue British soldiers from the surrounded city Dunkirk.
|2019||The King||Henry "Hotspur" Percy|
|2017||The Last Post||Lance Corporal Tony Armstrong|||
- Hoggard, Liz (30 July 2017). "Tom Glynn-Carney: 'Dunkirk is about courage and community, not war'". The Guardian. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- Chauffeur dhari, Saiqa (30 September 2017). "Dunkirk actor Tom Glynn-Carney, who went to Canon Slade, stars in new BBC drama The Last Post". The Bolton News. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Who is Tom Glynn-Carney? The Salford student who swapped the hallways of Pendleton Sixth Form College, for a career on the big-screen". Salford City College. 4 June 2018.
- Tom Glynn-Carney on the Guildhall School of Music and Drama website
- Tom Glynn-Carney on the Broadway World website
- "Acting alumnus Tom Glynn-Carney wins Evening Standard Emerging Talent Award 2018". Guildhall School of Music & Drama. 4 December 2017.
- "14 top talents to watch out for in 2017 – as chosen by current TV stars". Radio Times. 1 April 2017.