Tolchester Beach is an unincorporated community located on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay in Kent County, Maryland, United States. Established in 1877, it was formerly a popular resort. Tolchester Beach is located just north of Rock Hall. The resort was closed in 1962.
Tolchester Beach, Maryland
|Elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||410, 443, and 667|
|GNIS feature ID||595098|
In the late 1800s, Tolchester Beach was a popular tourist destination for residents of Baltimore and other areas served by the Chesapeake Bay steamships. The beach had hotels, restaurants, games, picnics, horse-racing, and an amusement park with a merry-go-round and a roller coaster.
See also edit
- Tolchester, Maryland, census-designated place covering most of Tolchester Beach
- "Tolchester Beach". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior.
- "Tolchester Beach". Maryland Online Encyclopedia. 2005. Archived from the original on September 26, 2007.
- Cowan, Katherine (November 1999). "Tolchester Photograph Collection, ca. 1883-1925". Prints and Photographs Division of the Maryland Historical Society Library.
- Milt Diggins. "Cecil County, The Tolchester Beach Improvement Company, and the end of the Steamboat Era". Archived from the original on April 14, 2007.
- "Tolchester Beach Revisited Museum". The Mainstay. 2007. Archived from the original on May 16, 2008.
- Keith, Robert C. (2005). Baltimore Harbor: A Pictorial History. Baltimore, Maryland: Johns Hopkins University Press. pp. 60–61. ISBN 978-0801879807.
- Tolchester Beach Revisited
- SeaKayak Navigation List — Tolchester Beach
- Station TCBM2 - 8573364 - Tolchester Beach, MD