Thomas Woodcock (officer of arms)
|Born||20 May 1951|
|Education||University College, Durham;|
Darwin College, Cambridge
|Alma mater||Eton College|
|Occupation||Herald and Genealogist|
|Organisation||College of Arms|
|Title||Garter Principal King of Arms|
|Predecessor||Sir Peter Gwynn-Jones|
|Spouse(s)||Lucinda Harmsworth King|
Woodcock was educated at Eton College before going up to University College, Durham, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree. He then pursued further studies at Darwin College, Cambridge, becoming LLB. He was called to the Bar at the Inner Temple.
In 1998, Woodcock married Lucinda Harmsworth King.
Woodcock began his heraldic career in 1975 as a research assistant to Sir Anthony Wagner, Garter King of Arms. In 1978 he was appointed Rouge Croix Pursuivant. In 1982 he was promoted to Somerset Herald, becoming Norroy and Ulster in 1997, then Garter Principal King of Arms on 1 April 2010.
Woodcock was appointed Lieutenant of the Royal Victorian Order (LVO) in the 1996 Birthday Honours, promoted Commander of the Royal Victorian Order (CVO) in the 2011 Birthday Honours. Appointed Genealogist of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem in June 2017 in succession to William Hunt, Windsor Herald, in July 2018 he became an Officer of the Order (OStJ).
- The College of Arms Newsletter 21 June 2009
- "No. 47661". The London Gazette. 12 October 1978. p. 12091.
- "No. 49155". The London Gazette. 1 November 1982. p. 14201.
- "No. 54756". The London Gazette. 6 May 1997. p. 5349.
- "No. 59385". The London Gazette. 8 April 2010. p. 6033.
- "No. 54427". The London Gazette. 14 June 1996. p. 4.
- "No. 59808". The London Gazette (Supplement). 11 June 2011. p. 4.
-  The College of Arms Newsletter no. 51 (July 2017)
- "No. 62346". The London Gazette. 6 July 2018. p. 1.
- "No. 57843". The London Gazette. 16 December 2005. p. 16252.
- Chesshyre, Hubert (2001). Heralds of today: A biographical list of the officers of the College of Arms, London, 1987–2001. London: Illuminata. ISBN 0953784517.
- Thomas Woodcock's Coat of Arms – Granted in 1961
- CUHAGS Officer of Arms Index
- Debrett's People of Today
| Rouge Croix Pursuivant
Sir Henry Paston-Bedingfeld
| Somerset Herald
David Vines White
| Norroy and Ulster King of Arms
Patric Laurence Dickinson
Sir Peter Gwynn-Jones
| Garter Principal King of Arms