Family and careerEdit
Paston-Bedingfeld is the only son of Sir Edmund Paston-Bedingfeld, 9th Baronet of Oxburgh Hall, Norfolk, by his wife Joan Lynette Rees. He succeeded to the family title upon his father's death on 24 May 2011. He was educated at Ampleforth College, then an all-boys independent school in Ampleforth, Yorkshire.
Paston-Bedingfeld served as Norroy and Ulster King of Arms, the junior of the two provincial Kings-at-Arms with jurisdiction over the north of England and Northern Ireland, between 2010 and 2014. He had previously been York Herald since 1993 and prior to that Rouge Croix Pursuivant from 1983.
He is an Honorary Vice-President of the Cambridge University Heraldic and Genealogical Society and of the Norfolk Record Society; Sir Henry is a liveryman of the Bowyers' Company and served as Master of the Scriveners' Company for 2012–13.
He married, in 1968, Mary Kathleen daughter of Brigadier Robert Ambrose CIE OBE MC. Sir Henry and Lady Paston-Bedingfeld have two sons and two daughters; their elder son, Richard (born 1975) is heir apparent to the baronetcy.
Selected heraldic designs by Paston-BedingfeldEdit
- "College of Arms, What's New – Norroy and Ulster King of Arms". Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- "No. 53435". The London Gazette. 23 September 1993. p. 15437.
- "No. 49291". The London Gazette. 17 March 1983. p. 3737.
- Heraldry Gazette NS 67 (March 1998), 6.
- The Heraldry Gazette NS 64 (June 1997), 6.
- Heraldry Gazette NS 67 (March 1998), 7.
- Scriveners' Company arms Archived 2 April 2015 at the Wayback Machine
- Biography on Debrett's People of Today website
- Standing Council of the Baronetage website
|Baronetage of England|
Sir Edmund Paston-Bedingfeld
| Sir Henry Paston-Bedingfeld
(as 10th baronet)
| Rouge Croix Pursuivant
David Vines White
| York Herald
| Norroy and Ulster King of Arms
| Master of the Worshipful Company of Scriveners
John Tunesi of Liongam