This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Thejas is a Malayalam news daily run by Intermedia Publishing Ltd., a public limited company based in Kozhikode. It started functioning from Republic Day of India in January 2006. Within a short span of three months it started another edition from Thiruvananthapuram followed by the third edition from Kochi within another three months.
|Owner(s)||inter media publication Limited Popular Front of India|
|Founded||2006 January 26|
|Free online archives||www|
It started publishing its newspaper from Kozhikode. But now it is expanded to have more edition in 2006 with Thiruvananthapuram and Ernakulam editions. Also Kannur edition started in 2008 as part of the expansion. In December 2009, it started its Kottayam edition. It has an online edition and e-paper also.
Thejas started its Gulf editions in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia from Riyadh, Jeddah and Dammam in March 2011. The fourth Gulf Edition started in Doha on 17 May 2012. The fifth Gulf Edition of Thejas was launched in Bahrain on 27 September 2012 by Akhbar Al Khaleej editor-in-chief Anwar Abdulrahman at a ceremony held in Manama.
Show Cause Notice for spreading Anti-National NewsEdit
In October 2013 the district administration of Kozhikode issued a show-cause notice to Thejas Newspaper for spreading anti-national reports. The administration issued the notice asking the management of the newspaper why the publication of the newspaper should not be stopped.
The notice further states that the paper publishes articles, editorials and reports that harm the unity and interest of the country.
Police Case for Insulting Religious SentimentsEdit
In accordance with an order from Ernakulam judicial first magistrate court, on 11 March 2014, Kerala Police registered a case against Thejas and some other media organizations, in response to a petition accusing of insulting religious sentiments. Thejas was booked under Sections 153A (Promoting enmity between different groups on ground of religion, race, place of birth, residence, language, etc., and doing acts prejudicial to maintenance of harmony), 153 B (imputations, assertions prejudicial to national integration), 295A (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings of any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs), 298 (uttering words, etc., with deliberate intent to wound religious feelings), 120B (criminal conspiracy) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the Indian Penal Code.
- "Thejas News - Latest malayalam news, Kerala, India, World, Gulf, Pravasi news". Thejas News - Latest malayalam news, Kerala, India, World, Gulf, Pravasi news.
- "AML - support.gale". www.accessmylibrary.com.
- "Bahrain gets new Indian newspaper". 28 September 2012.
- "Show-cause notice issued to 'Thejas Daily'". Asianet India. 5 October 2013. Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- "Show-cause notice issued to Thejas". Kaumudi Online. 5 October 2013. Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- "Book on Amma: Petition against media organizations, others". The Hindu. 5 March 2014. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Amritanandamayi mutt row: Gail Tredwell, five news organisations booked". India Today. 12 March 2014. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Thejas.|
|This article related to newspapers in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|