The Resistance (also known as the #Resistance) was an American liberal political movement that protested the presidency of Donald Trump, starting in January 2017. It later expanded to include not only Democrats, but Independents and Republicans who opposed Trump. Members have been described as prolific in their use of Twitter, especially the "#Resist" hashtag and, early on, #TheResistance. Some conservatives and Trump supporters have adopted the Resistance moniker to oppose President Joe Biden.
- "Wonder who's fighting Trump? Meet the #Resistance". France 24. 2018-05-30. Retrieved 2019-06-28.
- Smith, Mychal Denzel (2019-02-14). "Passive Resistance". The New Republic. ISSN 0028-6583. Retrieved 2019-06-28.
- Vogel, Kenneth (October 7, 2017). "The 'Resistance,' Raising Big Money, Upends Liberal Politics". The New York Times. Retrieved March 18, 2019.
- Seitz-Wald, Alex (January 19, 2018). "The anti-Trump 'Resistance' turns a year old — and grows up". NBC News. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- Wenzke, Marissa (February 2, 2017). "How #Resist became the rallying cry for fighting back in Trump's America". Mashable. Retrieved March 17, 2019.