The Love Punch
|The Love Punch|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Joel Hopkins|
|Produced by||Jean-Charles Levy
|Written by||Joel Hopkins|
|Music by||Jean-Michel Bernard|
|Edited by||Susan Littenberg|
|Distributed by||Entertainment One (UK)|
|Box office||$4.8 million|
Richard (Pierce Brosnan) and Kate Jones (Emma Thompson) are divorcees with two children Sophie and Matt. When Richard's company is sold to a corrupt French businessman, Vincent (Laurent Lafitte), they go to Paris and confront Vincent, where Vincent does not deny all the things he did illegally. Richard and Kate plot their plan on how to get their money back. They find out that Vincent is getting married to his beautiful girlfriend, Manon (Louise Bourgoin). They plan to steal the diamond Vincent gave to Manon, which is worth $10 million, intending for this to replace the money Vincent stole from them.
Learning of Vincent's upcoming wedding party after Kate makes contact with Manon at a beach party, Richard and Kate enlist their friends Jerry and Penelope to help them impersonate a group of Texans attending the party, with the intention that they will infiltrate the party and switch the diamond for a fake, also passing on the diamond to Jerry and Penelope so that they will not be suspected. Having infiltrated the wedding, the Joneses attempt to take the diamond, but are interrupted by a tearful Manon, who confesses her doubts about the wedding to Kate. After Kate offers her advice on marriage, Manon learns about their motives for being there, and decides to give them the diamond of her own free will. Vincent realizes the switch after Manon officially calls the wedding off, but Jerry and Penelope are able to get out with the diamond after Jerry swallows it. Richard and Kate are nearly sent over a cliff in a van, but Manon is able to intercept the van and save them, allowing Kate to call a contact with a boat to pick them up.
Selling the diamond to a contact of Jerry's for $15 million, Richard and Kate decide to spend some time travelling while Jerry and Penelope take the money back to donate it to Richard's former employees.
- Pierce Brosnan as Richard Jones
- Emma Thompson as Kate Jones
- Timothy Spall as Jerry
- Tuppence Middleton as Sophie Jones
- Celia Imrie as Penelope
- Marisa Berenson as Catherine
- Louise Bourgoin as Manon Fontane
- Laurent Lafitte as Vincent Kruger
- Patrice Cols as Garde
- Jordan Jones as Lover
- Tom Morton as Tim
- Christopher Craig as Culco Employee
- Jack Wilkinson as Matt Jones
- Adam Byron as Tyler
- "Love Punch". Time Out London. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- "The Love Punch". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "The Love Punch". Toronto International Film Festival (official site). Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- Bradshaw, Peter (17 April 2014). "The Love Punch review – entirely ridiculous but likable midlife comedy". Retrieved 26 December 2016 – via The Guardian.