Sun Journal (Lewiston, Maine)
|Owner(s)||Sun Media Group|
|Publisher||James R. Costello Sr.|
|Headquarters||104 Park Street|
Lewiston, Maine 04240
The Sun Journal's daily circulation is approximately 18,600.
The Evening Journal, Lewiston's first newspaper, started publishing in 1861. The Lewiston Daily Sun followed in 1896. In 1989, the two papers combined to form the Sun Journal. In 2017, the Sun Media Group was sold by the Costello family to Reade Brower, owner of MaineToday Media.
The Sun Journal prices are: $1.50 daily, $2.50 Sunday.
- The Franklin Journal of Farmington (4,500 twice-weekly circulation)
- The Rangeley Highlander of Rangeley (2,300 biweekly)
- The Penobscot Times of Old Town (3,300 weekly)
- Livermore Falls Advertiser of Livermore Falls (2,300 weekly)
The Sun Journal also owns The Forecaster, a free regional paper.
The Advertiser Democrat and the Rumford Falls Times (weekly) is published by the Sun Journal as well.
- "Owner of Portland Press Herald to buy Sun Journal in Lewiston". pressherald.com. 17 July 2017. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- Skelton, Kathryn (2007-07-17). "Sun Journal sold to MaineToday Media owner Reade Brower". Sun Journal. Retrieved 2017-10-28.
- Carpenter, Murray (26 November 2017). "Meet the Media Mogul of Maine". Retrieved 9 April 2018 – via NYTimes.com.
- "Lewiston, Maine, Newspaper Firm Buys 4 Other Maine Papers". NEPA Bulletin (Boston, Mass.), page 3, October 2007.