The Kennedys of Massachusetts
The Kennedys of Massachusetts is a 1990 TV miniseries that aired on ABC. Focusing mainly on the fifty-four year marriage of Joseph P. Kennedy, Sr. and Rose Kennedy. The events depicted in the series are based upon the book by Doris Kearns Goodwin titled The Fitzgeralds and the Kennedys : An American Saga. The series aired across three nights, and earned an Emmy and a Golden Globe. 
|The Kennedys of Massachusetts|
|Directed by||Lamont Johnson|
|Produced by||Michael Barnathan|
Edgar J. Scherick
|Music by||David Shire|
|Edited by||Susan B. Browdy|
The series begins in Boston in 1906, prior to John F. Fitzgerald being sworn in as city mayor. The Kennedys, as well as Fitzgerald's daughters, most notably Rose attend the swearing in ceremony. Joe Kennedy is shown to be smitten with Rose. The first episode covers their courtship, education, marriage and growth of their family, as well as Joe's affair with actress Gloria Swanson. Although Rose briefly leaves Joe, John persuades his daughter to return to her husband.
The second episode focuses on the eldest Kennedy children Joe Jr, Jack and Kathleen, as well Joe's appointment as Ambassador to England. Joe Jr's academic success and his father's favouritism bothers Jack, who feels he is equally as intelligent as his brother.
- William Petersen as Joseph P. "Joe" Kennedy, Sr.
- Annette O'Toole as Rose Kennedy
- Charles Durning as John F. Fitzgerald
- Tracy Pollan as Kathleen "Kick" Kennedy
- Kelsey Nichols: Ages 8–9
- Pat Hingle as P.J. Kennedy
- Steven Weber as John F. "Jack" Kennedy
- Christina Nikitas: Ages 2–3
- Thomas Krajewski: Ages 9–12
- Campbell Scott as Joseph P. "Joe" Kennedy, Jr.
- Dante Magnani: Ages 2–4
- Michael Goodwin: Ages 11–12
- Madolyn Smith as Gloria Swanson
- Olek Krupa as Erich Von Stroheim
- Josef Sommer as Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Randle Mell as Robert F. "Bobby" Kennedy
- Will Gardner: Age 7
- Casey Affleck: Ages 12–15
- Kristen Kelly as Patricia Kennedy
- Karen Chaffee: Ages 13–14
- Ryan Shaugnessy and Matthew Dundas as Edward Moore "Ted" Kennedy: Shaughnessy plays Ted ages 5–6, and Dundas plays him at ages 12–14.
- Beth Herzig as Jean Kennedy
- Danielle Schonback: Ages 9–12
- Deirdre Lovejoy as Rosemary Kennedy
- Jennifer Walsh: Ages 1–4
- Remi Nichols: Ages 8–11
- Halina Radosz as Eunice Kennedy
- "The Kennedys of Massachusetts (1990) at Amazon". Retrieved 2011-11-14.
- "The Kennedys of Massachusetts at IMDb". Retrieved 2011-11-14.
- "The Kennedys of Massachusetts Review". Entertainment Weekly. 1990-02-16. Retrieved 2011-11-14.
- "Awards for The Kennedys of Massachusetts (1990)". IMDb. Retrieved 2011-11-14.