The Dan Band
Finnerty has appeared in the hit movies Old School (singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and "Lady"), The Terminal, Starsky & Hutch, where he performed Roberta Flack's "Feel Like Makin' Love" at a bat mitzvah, and The Hangover (performing "Candy Shop" and "Fame") in a wedding scene reminiscent of his appearance in Old School.
In 2005, they released The Dan Band Live, their live full-length debut album. They gained attention due to their expletive-heavy version of Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart," as well as their cover versions of "Lady" by Styx, "Milkshake" by Kelis, Toni Basil's "Mickey," and many others.
The band released a Christmas LP called Ho: A Dan Band Xmas. The album consists completely of original Dan Band songs, with no covers. Songs on the album include "Ho, Ho, Ho" (a smooth R&B Christmas song about a prostitute), "Merry Christmakwanzakah", "Please Don't Bomb Nobody This Holiday" and "I Wanna Rock U Hard This Christmas" with a video featuring Florence Henderson from The Brady Bunch making the moves on Santa at a retirement home. The video for "Please Don't Bomb Nobody This Holiday" featured many celebrity cameos, including Sheryl Crow, Christina Applegate, Nicole Scherzinger from The Pussycat Dolls, Kyle Gass from Tenacious D, Neil Patrick Harris, Meg Ryan, Macy Gray, Christopher Guest, among others.
In addition to their numerous appearances on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, they have been seen as the house band on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Pajama Party and Spike TV's Spike Guys' Choice Awards 2009 as well as appearances on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, The Late Late Show, and Last Call with Carson Daly. Finnerty wrote and performed the finale song for the NBC show Last Comic Standing and was a regular comedy correspondent on The Jay Leno Show and continued on as a correspondent on the new The Tonight Show with Jay Leno performing all original material for the show.
In 2015, the band released their third album, entitled The Wedding Album, a mixture of covers and originals, featuring collaborations with Nicole Scherzinger, Train, Nuno Bettencourt, Bridget Everett and Rob Thomas.
- Dan Finnerty - lead vocals
- Gene Reed - backing vocals
- John Kozeluh - backing vocals
- Matt Pollock - backing vocals
- Byron Thames/Richard Maheux - keyboard
- Marc Strommer/Aurelien Budynek/Mark Cocheo - guitar
- Einar Pedersen/Brett Bass - bass
- Ivan Delaforce/Jimi Engund/Jason Mills - drums
- Moore, Booth (August 21, 2000). "Dan Band Is Reddy for Anything, Even Helen". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved April 2, 2017.
- Fernandez, Maria Elena (September 15, 2002). "Really, the Dan Band's a Man Band". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved April 2, 2017.
- "Celebrity Pictures, Entertainment News Photo Galleries and Videos". WireImage.