The Call of the Cumberlands
The Call of the Cumberlands is a 1916 American silent drama film directed by Frank Lloyd and written by Julia Crawford Ivers based upon the novel of the same name by Charles Neville Buck. The film stars Dustin Farnum, Winifred Kingston, Herbert Standing, Page Peters, Howard Davies, and Richard L'Estrange. The film was released on January 23, 1916, by Paramount Pictures.
|The Call of the Cumberlands|
|Directed by||Frank Lloyd|
|Screenplay by||Julia Crawford Ivers|
|Based on||The Call of the Cumberlands|
by Charles Neville Buck
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
- Dustin Farnum as Samson South
- Winifred Kingston as Sally Spicer
- Herbert Standing as Spicer South
- Page Peters as Wilfred Horton
- Howard Davies as James Farbish
- Richard L'Estrange as Tamarack Spicer
- Joe Ray as Aaron Hollis
- Myrtle Stedman as Adrienne Lescott
- Virginia Foltz as Mrs. Lescott
- Michael Hallvard as George Lescott
- "Call-of-the-Cumberlands - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - NYTimes.com". The New York Times. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- "The Call of the Cumberlands (1916) - Overview - TCM.com". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- America in Fiction, 3rd Edition: An Annotated Lists of Novels. Stanford University Press. 1949. p. 59.
- The Library of Congress/FIAF American Silent Feature Film Survival Catalog:The Call of the Cumberland
- Catalog of Holdings The American Film Institute Collection and The United Artists Collection at The Library of Congress (<-book title) p.25 c.1978 by the American Film Institute
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Call of the Cumberlands.|
- The Call of the Cumberlands on IMDb
- Text of the novel
- Digital versions of the first edition from archive.org with signed dedication by Dustin Farnum
|This 1910s drama film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|