The Best of David Bowie 1969/1974
The Best of David Bowie 1969/1974 is an album by David Bowie, released by EMI in 1997. The US release of the album was pulled from the stores because of a large number of inaccuracies in the credits and liner notes. It was re-released by EMI-CAPITOL Entertainment Properties the following year (1998) in the US as part of the essential collection, with a new cover and corrected information as a limited edition. This album was also included as the first disc of the compilation The Platinum Collection (2005/2006).
|The Best of David Bowie 1969/1974|
|Compilation album by|
|Released||7 October 1997|
|Genre||Rock, glam rock|
|Producer||Producer varies from track to track|
|David Bowie compilation chronology|
|The Encyclopedia of Popular Music|||
|The Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
There are three uncredited rarities included on the album. They are: "John, I'm Only Dancing" (Sax version) - recorded during the sessions for the Aladdin Sane album; "The Prettiest Star" (Marc Bolan stereo version) - the original 1970 single release that features Marc Bolan on lead guitar; and "All the Young Dudes (Studio version)" - the original Bowie studio version from 1973.
All songs written by David Bowie, except where noted.
|Japanese bonus track|
|No.||Title||Place of Origin||Length|
|20.||"Lady Stardust" (Put in as "Suffragette City"'s replacement)||Ziggy Stardust||3:21|
|New Zealand (RMNZ)||Gold||7,500^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Stephen Thomas Erlewine. "David Bowie - The Best of David Bowie 1969-1974". AllMusic. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- link Archived 16 March 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- Larkin, Colin (2011). The Encyclopedia of Popular Music (5th concise ed.). Omnibus Press.
- The New Rolling Stone Album Guide. Simon & Schuster. 2004. pp. 97–98.
- "New Zealand album certifications – David Bowie – The Best of David Bowie 1969/1974". Recorded Music NZ. Retrieved 30 May 2019.