Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Stephen Thomas "Tom" Erlewine (born June 18, 1973, in Ann Arbor, Michigan) is an American music critic and senior editor for AllMusic. He is the author of many artist biographies and record reviews for AllMusic, as well as a freelance writer, occasionally contributing liner notes.. Fans often refer to him as the Roger Ebert of music criticism. 
|Stephen Thomas Erlewine|
Stephen Thomas Erlewine, 2017
June 18, 1973 |
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
|Residence||Austin, Texas, United States|
|Other names||Tom Erlewine|
|Alma mater||University of Michigan|
|Relatives||Michael Erlewine (uncle)|
Erlewine is a nephew of the former musician and AllMusic founder Michael Erlewine. He studied at the University of Michigan, where he majored in English, was a music editor (1993–94), and then arts editor (1994–1995), of the school's paper The Michigan Daily. He has contributed to a number of books, including All Music Guide to Rock: The Definitive Guide to Rock, Pop, and Soul, and All Music Guide to Hip-Hop: The Definitive Guide to Rap & Hip-Hop.
Erlewine currently resides in Austin, TX with his fiancée and her two children.
- Credits for Stephen Thomas Erlewine at AllMusic. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- "Smart Marks Forum". Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- "The Hustle Podcast Episode 119". Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- Jenkins, Terry. Biography of Michael Erlewine at AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-05-11.
- "All Music Guide to Hip-Hop". Backbeat Books. Hal Leonard Books. Retrieved April 24, 2011.
- Biography of Stephen Thomas Erlewine at AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-05-11.
|This biographical article related to music journalism in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|