The Abbot Constantine (1933 film)
The Abbot Constantine (French: L'abbé Constantin) is a 1933 French comedy film directed by Jean-Paul Paulin and starring Léon Belières, Françoise Rosay and Claude Dauphin. It is based on the novel The Abbot Constantine by Ludovic Halévy. The novel had previously been made into a 1925 silent film of the same title.
|The Abbot Constantine|
|Directed by||Jean-Paul Paulin|
|Edited by||Marguerite Beaugé|
|Music by||Michel Michelet|
|20 October 1933|
- Léon Belières as L'abbé Constantin
- Françoise Rosay as La comtesse de Laverdens
- Claude Dauphin as Paul de Laverdens
- Betty Stockfeld as Mrs. Scott
- Jean Martinelli as Jean Reynaud
- Josseline Gaël as Bettina Perceval
- Pauline Carton as Pauline
- Robert Moor as Comte de Larnac
- Anthony Gildès as Le créancier
- Marcel Barnault
- George André Martin
- "The Abbe Constantin, by Ludovic Halevy". www.gutenberg.org. Retrieved 30 March 2019.
- Goble p.661
- Goble, Alan. The Complete Index to Literary Sources in Film. Walter de Gruyter, 1999.