That Man Bolt
That Man Bolt is a 1973 action film directed by David Lowell Rich and Henry Levin. It stars Fred Williamson in the title role of a courier and Byron Webster. The film combined several genres: blaxploitation, the martial arts film, and James Bond superspy films (with some postures featuring the tagline "He's Bonded"). It was filmed in Hong Kong, Macau and the USA and featured several martial arts experts in action: Mike Stone, World Professional Light Heavyweight Karate Champion, Kenji Kazama Japan Kick-boxing Champion, Emil Farkas, European Black Belt Karate Champion, and David Chow, Former California State Judo Champion. It was titled Operation Hong Kong outside the United States. Peter Crowcroft wrote the novelization of the screenplay.
|That Man Bolt|
Original film poster
David Lowell Rich|
Charles Eric Johnson
|Music by||Charles Bernstein|
|Cinematography||Gerald Perry Finnerman|
Courier Jefferson Bolt is asked to take a briefcase from Hong Kong to Mexico City, but he is not told what is in it or the identity of the man who asks him, a man named Griffiths. Convinced he will get good pay and see a few good places, Bolt takes on the job, while looking out for anything suspicious. Soon he does find exotic places, beautiful women, and ruthless gunmen interested in the briefcase.
- Hong Kong, UK (today China)
- Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- Macau, Portugal (today China)
- "That Man Bolt (1973) - Trailers, Reviews, Synopsis, Showtimes and Cast". AllMovie. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "Grandmaster Mike Stone". Karatekidzonline.com. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "Emil Farkas, "Sensei To The Stars" And A Lot More". TheMartialArtsReporter.com. 2010-01-28. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "Master David Chow". Usadojo.com. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "That Man Bolt : Taglines". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "That Man Bolt : Locations". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2013-10-21.