Thamizhachi is a 1995 Tamil drama film directed by S. Asokan. The film features Napoleon and Ranjitha in lead roles, with Revathi, Goundamani, Senthil, Vijayakumar, Mohan Natarajan and Srividya playing supporting roles. The film, produced by K. P. Shanmugam Sundaram, had musical score by Deva and was released on 29 June 1995. The film became a failure at the box office.
|Directed by||S. Asokan|
|Produced by||K. P. Shanmugam Sundaram|
|Written by||S. Asokan|
|Cinematography||K. C. Thivakar|
|Edited by||B. Lenin|
V. T. Vijayan
K. P. S. Films International
The reporter Revathi (Revathi) comes to a village in search of interesting village true stories. She later comes to know that a woman called Thamizhselvi (Ranjitha) has not left her house for seven years. When Revathi meet her, Thamizhselvi tells her sad past.
In the past, Rasayya (Napoleon) was a short-tempered man and the son of the village chief Periyasamy Gounder (Vijayakumar) while Undrayar Gounder (Mohan Natarajan) was a heartless rich villager. Both often clashed and fought. Some contrived situations made the villagers believed that the innocent Rasayya was a womaniser. Thereafter, Rasayya fell in love with Thamizhselvi who was from the nearby village and they eventually got married. Thamizhselvi first thought that Rasayya was also a womaniser, so Rasayya proved her the contrary. One day, Undrayar Gounder tried to rape Thamizhselvi but she killed him. Rasayya surrendered for the murder and he was sentenced to the capital punishment.
The reporter promises to save Rasayya from the capital punishment. What transpires later forms the crux of the story.
- Napoleon as Rasayya
- Ranjitha as Thamizhselvi
- Revathi as Revathi (guest appearance)
- Goundamani as Villangam
- Vijayakumar as Periyasamy Gounder
- Mohan Natarajan as Undrayar Gounder
- K. K. Soundar as Thamizh's father
- Karuppu Subbaiah
- Vellai Subbaiah
- Halwa Vasu as Jambulingam
- Joker Thulasi
- Kovai Senthil
- Pasi Narayanan as Narayanan
- Kallapart Natarajan
- Gowtham Sundararajan
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|2||'Kokku Parakkuthadi'||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Swarnalatha||4:45|
|3||'Koocham Migundha Ponnu'||Sindhu||5:06|
|5||'Manushan Naaku'||Shahul Hameed, Mano||4:45|
|6||'Vaaya Uyaramana Aalu'||Mano, S. Janaki||4:38|
- "Thamizhachi (1995)". spicyonion.com. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- "Find Tamil Movie Thamizhachi". jointscene.com. Archived from the original on 1 January 2011. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- "Filmography of thamizhachi". cinesouth.com. Archived from the original on 15 August 2007. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- "Tamil Movie News--1995 Review". groups.google.com. 9 January 1996. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Thamizhachi (1995) - Deva". mio.to. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- "Thamizhachi Songs". play.raaga.com. Retrieved 14 April 2015.