- The following is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Yoninah (talk) 21:38, 20 April 2019 (UTC)
Der kleine TagEdit
Created by Gerda Arendt (talk). Self-nominated at 18:31, 17 April 2019 (UTC).
- Article recently created (15 April), long enough (3898 chars), neutral, hook cited in article, no copyvio/closeparaphrasing, the hook is—ha!—within character limit (<50 chars), accurate, sourced, probably of interest to both the musical and the literati. Image N/A.This isn't a criticism of the quirkiness of your hook Gerda, but, since it will be on the day itself how bout...
... that today is The Little Day
Just an idea. ——SerialNumber54129
14:52, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you for the ofer, and the review. I'd like to retain the German origin, once we don't credit the three authors, and sadly would be wrong in different time zones, as long as our Main page is GMT ;) --Gerda Arendt (talk) 15:55, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
- Aren't they just running one every 24 hours though? ——SerialNumber54129 16:00, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
- Considering GMT and German time are the same timezone, I think the time aspect will still work. With that said, as much as Gerda wants to maintain the German aspect, ALT1 seems to be the better option as it's more interesting and is probably more likely to bring in readers. ALT0 is too much of a giveaway and just doesn't have the punch that ALT1 does. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 16:44, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
- @Gerda Arendt and Serial Number 54129: I do have one concern though: the 23 April thing appears to be a plot point of the story, and hooks about fiction that don't involve the real world are usually rejected. As much as I'd like the hook fact to be used, I'm not sure if this will not fall afoul of the rules, or if this could be IAR allowed. I'll leave a message at WT:DYK to request feedback. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 16:47, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
- Sigh, for once I thought I spoke to more than music specialists. I'd name the 3 authors - real world - but only one has an article. Can we say something about Der kleine Tag having three fathers. They are called that in at least one of the sources. Ideas? Premiered in a planetarium? --Gerda Arendt (talk) 20:08, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
- Three fathers would also be a plot point so all the more it wouldn't be allowed. Personally I really like the original hook fact (i.e ALT0/ALT1) and if possible I'd wish that it would be allowed, I'm just worried that it might not fall under the rules, hence my request for clarification. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 23:14, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
- @Narutolovehinata5, Germany is one hour ahead of GMT, just so you know : ) (Two hours ahead, now that we are on summer time.) I don't know whether DYKs about fiction are normally rejected or not, but there is nothing specifically in the rules about it. It seems to me that DKY are approved simply based on meeting the official criteria. Within the terms of the story, 23 of April being Der kleine Tag is a fact. I like Gerda's first hook, it is funny and quirky. It is only a little bit of basic German, which will draw people's attention. Many English speakers will know what it means - they understand what "Eine kleine Nachtmusik" means, don't they? 07:15, 19 April 2019 (UTC)Felixkrater (talk)
- It crossed my mind that the hook is mostly about real world, giving the title and it's translation. Only 23 April is part of the plot part. Our reason not to include all fiction is that it could be misunderstood as fact. In this case, I don't see any danger of misunderstanding or misleading. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 08:12, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, I agree Gerda. It's like saying that in Faust, Gretchen is Faust's lover - it is a true statement about a fictional plot. I've given this a tick of approval - I hope that is ok. I am new to DYKs and I don't know if you have to have some sort of status to approve things.Felixkrater (talk) 11:31, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
- As Felix is new to DYK, requesting original reviewer Serial Number 54129 to sign off this nomination. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 13:55, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
- @Narutolovehinata5: I apologise for the tardiness of my reply, I seem to have stopped (hopefully temporarily) getting alerts (or email alerts for that matter). Right, if you're OK with this being a semi-fictional hook, then I it. For what it's worth, I always thought the idea behind putting constraints on fiction was to prevent completely in-house fan-cruft being posted which would be very much against policy; the fact that the 23rd is part of the story—but also very much "real life" too, I think could be an IAR moment. We cool? ——SerialNumber54129 14:10, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
- I think you have a point there, and even if not, this probably works as an IAR case. Supporting ALT1 with pleasure. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 14:24, 19 April 2019 (UTC)