Teiskontie is a street and highway in Tampere, Finland. As its name implies, it runs from the center of Tampere towards Teisko, a former municipality connected to Tampere in 1972. To the east of the highway junction of Hervanta, it is part of Highway 12 leading in the direction of Lahti and Kouvola. On the east side of Lake Alasjärvi, Teiskontie has a connection to Highway 9 (E63) leading in the direction of Jyväskylä and Kuopio.
Teiskontie starts at the intersection of Itsenäisyydenkatu, Kalevan puistotie and Sammonkatu in the Liisankallio district. It runs through Kaleva as a wide esplanade with residential apartment buildings and commercial premises. To the east, Teiskontie runs between several districts: Kauppi and Niihama border to the north, Kissanmaa, Ruotula, Takahuhti and Pappila to the south.
The upcoming tram leading from the center of Tampere to the University Hospital runs part of the journey on Teiskontie and there will be two stops along it. Tram traffic is scheduled to begin in 2021.
- Louhivaara, Maija (1999). Tampereen kadunnimet. Tampere: Tampereen museot. ISBN 951-609-105-9. (in Finnish)
- Tampereen ajantasa-asemakaava (in Finnish)
- Tampereen keskustan rakennettu kulttuuriympäristö 2012 (in Finnish)
- Kalevan kirkko ja kaupunginosa (in Finnish)
- Raitiotie rakennetaan Tampereelle – Tämä kaikki tiedetään ratikkahankkeesta (in Finnish)
- Raitiotien yleissuunnitelmien tarkistus – Teiskontie ja Taysin alue (in Finnish)
|This Western Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This European road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|