Techland is a Polish video game developer and publisher founded in 1991 by Paweł Marchewka. It developed Western-themed first-person shooter Call of Juarez (2006) and its prequel Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (2009), as well as first-person survival horror video games Dead Island (2011) and Dying Light (2015). The company is headquartered in Ostrów Wielkopolski in central Poland and has offices in Wrocław, Warsaw, and Vancouver.
|Industry||Video game industry|
|Headquarters||Ostrów Wielkopolski, Poland|
|Paweł Marchewka, Paul Milewski, Steve The Zombie|
|Products||Call of Juarez series
Dead Island series
Number of employees
Techland started as a distributor of computer software and created Crime Cities, the first game developed in-house, in 2000. Techland released sci-fi first person shooter Chrome in 2003. A prequel titled Chrome: Specforce was released in 2005. Techland has also developed driving games including rally simulation games Xpand Rally and Xpand Rally Xtreme and Volkswagen-licensed GTI Racing (2006).
Techland's proprietary Chrome Engine of 2003 has been developed further. ChromeEngine 4 was completed in 2006 and provided support for the PlayStation 3.
In 2015 Techland released Dying Light, a first-person survival horror game for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Microsoft Windows. An expansion for the game, titled Dying Light: The Following, was released in February 2016.
Cancelled and delayed projectsEdit
Below is a list of the games published by Techland Publishing.
|2017||Torment: Tides of Numenera||inXile Entertainment||Role-playing||Windows, Linux||PS4, XOne||OS X|
|2018||Pure Farming 2018||Ice Flames||Construction and management simulation||Windows||N/A||N/A|
- Dying Light: The Following is a story mode expansion for Dying Light.
- Dead Island: Definitive Edition is a bundle that includes remastered versions of Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide, as well as a brand new video game titled Dead Island: Retro Revenge.
- Adams, Dan. "E3 2006: Dead Island". IGN.
- "About". Techland. Retrieved 2016-03-05.
- Parfitt, Ben (June 10, 2016). "Techland's first published game is inXile's Torment: Tides of Numenera". Market for Home Computing and Video Games. Retrieved June 10, 2016.
- "Techland Game Developer". Games Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
- "Techland Sp. z o.o. Developed games". Giant Bomb. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
- Phillips, Tom (August 27, 2015). "Dying Light developer announces FIM Speedway Grand Prix 15". Eurogamer. Retrieved August 27, 2015.
- "4 Reasons To Buy Dead Island: Definitive Edition". gameranx.com. June 13, 2016. Retrieved October 5, 2017.
- "Techland's Chrome 2 And Warhound Are On Hold". Voodoo Extreme. IGN. 23 April 2010. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- "Techland Games". IGN. Ziff Davis. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- "Hellraid on hold. IGN". 21 May 2015.
- "Welcome! • Techland Publishing". Techland Publishing. Retrieved 2017-03-23.