PCGamesN is a British online video game magazine focusing on PC gaming and hardware. It has a full-time team of over a dozen writers and is the oldest owned-and-operated site within publishing group Network N.
Type of site
|Video game journalism|
|Owner||Network N Media|
PCGamesN's first website was designed to host traditional games coverage alongside aggregated and user-created content, which was presented to the reader in channels dedicated to major gaming franchises. Over the course of two redesigns since launch, it has evolved to fully embrace a more traditional approach, and now produces original coverage across the gamut of PC games and hardware.
The launch team included Tim Edwards, former editor of PC Gamer. PCGamesN added ten new channels and two new writers for a total of seven staff writers in August 2012. The website added editorial staff from GamesMaster and the Official PlayStation Magazine in 2015, most notably new editor-in-chief Joel Gregory. Gregory brought in staff from Edge Magazine and Kotaku UK in 2017, concluded the site's transition away from its experimental first form, and oversaw a redesign, unveiling PCGamesN's current layout in August 2018. Network N Media has since launched or relaunched its other owned sites (The Loadout, Pocket Tactics, Wargamer, The Digital Fix, and Custom PC) based on PCGamesN's new look and technology.
Ben Maxwell took over as editor of PCGamesN in May 2018, before stepping up to a new leadership role within the publishing group in November 2020. He was succeeded in 2020 by Richard Scott-Jones. In 2023, Cameron Bald was appointed Editor of PCGamesN.
- Weber, Rachel (May 31, 2012). "Future's Binns launches new media venture Network N". Games Industry. Retrieved February 15, 2019.
- Cullen, Johnny (May 31, 2012). "Future vet Binns launches Network N". vg247. Gamer Network. Retrieved February 15, 2019.
- Binns, James (May 31, 2012). "Future's Binns on his new publishing company Network N". MCV/Develop. Future Publishing Limited. Archived from the original on October 9, 2016. Retrieved February 15, 2019.
- Binns, James (June 5, 2014). "INSIGHT: Five things we learnt in the first two years of PCGamesN". MCV/Develop. Future Publishing Limited. Archived from the original on October 9, 2016. Retrieved February 15, 2019.
- Weber, Rachel (August 7, 2012). "PCGamesN launching ten new channels". Games Industry. Retrieved February 15, 2019.
- Calvin, Alex (July 23, 2015). "Joel Gregory joins PCGamesN". MCV/Develop. Future Publishing Limited. Retrieved February 15, 2019.
- Calvin, Alex (December 11, 2015). "New deputy editor and news editor for PCGamesN". MCV/Develop. Future Publishing Limited. Retrieved February 15, 2019.
- "PCGamesN hires two new deputy editors". MCV. May 26, 2017. ISSN 1469-4832. Retrieved September 30, 2021.
- Archived 30 September 2021 at the Wayback Machine[dead link]
- Editor-in-chief, James Batchelor (April 3, 2023). "Network N acquires Custom PC, launches new website". GamesIndustry.biz. Retrieved October 6, 2023.
|last=has generic name (help)