This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
MCV/Develop (formerly MCV) is a UK trade magazine that focuses on the business aspects of the video game industry. It is published monthly by Biz Media, a subsidiary of Datateam Media Group and is available in print and digitally. Originally named MCV, it absorbed the assets of sister magazines (including Develop) in 2018, and changed its name to MCV/Develop in 2019.
Cover of issue 951, the first published under the MCV/Develop name, from October 2019
|Categories||Video game industry trade magazine|
|First issue||November 1998|
In November 2017, NewBay Media, the owner of MCV at the time, announced that the websites, magazines and events of sister magazines Develop and Esports Pro would be absorbed into MCV by early 2018, with the combined magazine moving to a monthly frequency. NewBay Media was acquired by Future Publishing in April 2018. In December 2018, Future opted to sell several of its business-to-business brands, including MCV, to Datateam Media Group. The deal was completed in January 2019, with Datateam forming a new subsidiary, named Biz Media, as parent for Future's former brands. In October that year, MCV was rebranded MCV/Develop to resurrect the Develop brand following its closure in 2018.
- "Standard Certificate of Circulation – MCV: The Market for Home Computing & Video Games" (PDF). ABC.
- "Subscribe". MCV/Develop.
- Barton, Seth (20 November 2017). "NewBay unites video games group under MCV, Esports Pro to be incorporated into MCV brand". MCV/Develop.
- Kerr, Chris (20 November 2017). "Develop to be absorbed by MCV in 2018". Gamasutra.
- Barton, Seth (4 April 2018). "MCV's publisher NewBay acquired by Future Publishing". MCV/Develop.
- Jerde, Sara (4 April 2018). "International Publishing Group Future Acquires NewBay Media". Adweek.
- Barton, Seth (17 December 2018). "MCV is moving on – with a proposed acquisition by Datateam". MCV/Develop.
- Barton, Seth (11 January 2019). "Six of the UK's top B2B brands are now under new ownership". MCV/Develop.
- Barton, Seth (21 October 2019). "The Develop brand returns in print and online with the launch of MCV/Develop". MCV/Develop.
- MCV Editors (10 February 2017). "MCV Awards 2017 sponsors announced". MCV/Develop.