- The following discussion is an archived discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: page moved. Vegaswikian (talk) 19:39, 4 October 2010 (UTC)
CART (disambiguation) → CART — because there are now many articles on Wikipedia about topics with the acronym CART. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 23:38, 27 September 2010 (UTC)
- For years now, this disambiguation page has been getting hundreds to thousands of page views per month. That is a good clue that the article to which CART now redirects is not the primary topic of "CART". 184.108.40.206 (talk) 23:42, 27 September 2010 (UTC)
- Support, the former name of a defunct racing league is only going to become less and less relevant. Powers T 13:39, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
- Support, after links are fixed. I agree that, from the reader's perspective, Champ Car is not the primary meaning, so the disambiguation page should be moved. However, from the author's perspective, there are a lot of links into CART that mean Champ Car. After those links are disambiguated, then I support the move. —C.Fred (talk) 19:17, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
- Usual practice here is to move the page first, then fix the incoming links. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 23:06, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
- My point was that this move will require fixing a high volume (looks like 500+) links, so I want to raise the issue first. —C.Fred (talk) 03:07, 29 September 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, the incoming links would need to be fixed; many need to be fixed even now. That's partly why I propose to move the page. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 04:08, 29 September 2010 (UTC)
- Support CART had been a former racing series for several years now, it makes sense to make the change now. I'm a member of the relevant WikiProject to the racing league. Royalbroil 00:29, 30 September 2010 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.