Taixing (simplified Chinese: 泰兴; traditional Chinese: 泰興; pinyin: Tàixīng) is a county-level city under the administration of Taizhou, Jiangsu province, China. It is located in the Yangtze River Delta, bordering the prefecture-level cities of Nantong to the east, Changzhou to the southwest, and Zhenjiang to the west.
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||1,172 km2 (453 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,000/km2 (2,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
The southern Hailin county was taken away to create Taixing in 938, it was administrated by Taizhou. It was under the jurisdiction of Yangzhou during the era of Yuan and Ming, but was transferred to Tongzhou later. It was returned to Yangzhou in 1953, and became a county-level city in 1992. It was transferred to Taizhou in 1996.
In the present, Taixing City has 1 subdistrict, 14 towns and 1 township.
- 1 subdistrict
- Jichuan (济川街道)
- 14 towns
- 1 township
- Gensi (根思乡)
- Zhong'anlun Monument, to the victims of a ferry disaster
- Google (2014-07-02). "Taixing" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- 江苏市县概况 [A Survey of Cities and Counties in Jiangsu] (in Chinese). pp. 401–5. ISBN 978-7-55-373496-5.
- China 2010 Census County-by-county Statistics/《中国2010年人口普查分县资料》.(in Chinese) Accessed 9 July 2014.
- 中国历史大辞典·历史地理卷 [The Great Encyclopaedia of Chinese history, Volume on Historical Geography] (in Chinese). Shanghai Cishu Press. 1996. p. 722. ISBN 7-5326-0299-0.
- "泰州市-行政区划网 www.xzqh.org" (in Chinese). XZQH. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "About Taixing". Retrieved 2007-11-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taixing.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Taixing.|
- Taixing City English Guide (Jiangsu.net)