The Taipei Times is the only printed daily English-language newspaper in Taiwan and the third to be established in the nation. Online competitors include The China Post, Focus Taiwan and Taiwan News. Established on 15 June 1999, the Taipei Times is published by the Liberty Times Group, which publishes the Chinese-language newspaper the Liberty Times, Taiwan's biggest newspaper by circulation with a pro-Taiwan independence editorial line.
|Owner(s)||The Liberty Times Group|
|Publisher||The Liberty Times Group|
|Founded||15 June 1999|
On 15 May 2017, the China Post was the Times' last English-language competitor to go out of print and the Taipei Times is consequently offered at most points of sale, hotels and libraries as the English-language option.
- "Taipei Times and Taiwan Timeline". Taipei Times. 15 June 2004. p. 24. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- Huang, Sandy (16 June 2002). "`Taipei Times' celebrates anniversary". Taipei Times. p. 1. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- Lee, Chang-kuei (15 June 2004). "Opening a window on Taiwan". Taipei Times. p. 23. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- 郭賽華 (2002). 語言與意識型態：台灣媒體論述分析 [Language and ideology: Taiwanese Media editorial analysis] (pdf). 清華大學外國語文系. Archived from the original on 8 December 2015 – The data page is in Chinese and there are abstracts in both Chinese and English, but the document body is only in English
- "Member publications". Project Syndicate. Retrieved 15 December 2015.