The Next Web
The Next Web (TNW) is a website and annual series of conferences focused on new technology and start-up companies in Europe. The Next Web company was established in 2006 by co-founders Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten and Patrick de Laive in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and a technology news website of the same name was started in 2009. TNW's reporting has been sourced by Wired, Mashable, and the Huffington Post, among others.
Type of site
|Alexa rank||5,760 |
|Launched||June 10, 2008|
According to de Laive, it took one year for TheNextWeb.com to reach 100,000 monthly visitors and as of June 2016, it gets 8 million to 10 million monthly visitors.
|Genre||Technology and Business|
|Founders||Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten, Patrick de Laive|
In 2017, The Next Web's Amsterdam conference came under fire for making misleading statements and having a lack of transparency about paying presenters for speaking appearances and for having a gender gap in the number of its male and female presenters and a gender pay gap in their compensation.
- "Thenextweb.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- Thomas, Aby Sam (12 June 2016). "Staying On Top Of Generation-T: The Next Web Co-Founder Patrick de Laive". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- Davies, Jessica (5 March 2019). "The Financial Times buys The Next Web to beef up live events business". Digiday. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
- Gross, Anna (5 March 2019). "FT acquires majority stake in The Next Web". Financial Times. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
- "Top 6 Takeaways from The Next Web". Open Campus. The New School. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- Thompson, Rachel (26 January 2018). "Here's why your Instagram and Facebook feeds are looking bare this morning". Mashable. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- "Security News This Week". Wired. 17 November 2018. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- Emerson, Ramona (4 January 2012). "Silicon Valley Ryan Gosling: 'Hey Girl' Meme Goes Tech". Huffington Post. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- "Google's New Podcast App for Android Comes Built into Search and Assistant". Firstpost. 24 April 2018. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- "HRH Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands". CES. Consumer Electronics Show. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- Ehrenkranz, Melanie (15 March 2017). "The Next Web tech conference is under fire for stiffing speakers". Mic. Retrieved 20 November 2018.