The Syrian Olympic Committee (Arabic: اللجنة الأولمبية السورية) is the National Olympic Committee in Syria for the Olympic Games movement. It is a non-profit organization led by the Syrian Arab Republic that selects players and teams to represent the nation, and raises funds to send to Olympic events organized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
|Secretary General||Salah Al-Khatib|
The Syrian Olympic Committee was established in 1948 and in the same year he was admitted to International Olympic Committee.
Mowaffak Joumaa served as President of the Syrian Olympic Committee and the General Sports Federation from 2010 to 2020, then he became an honorary president, and was succeeded by Feras Mouala who served as Secretary General from 2010 to 2019.
A parallel unrecognized committee, named the Syrian National Olympic Committee, was created in 2016 during the Syrian civil war by the Syrian opposition claiming the legitimacy of Syria's representation at the Olympics.
List of presidentsEdit
The following is a list of presidents of the Syrian Olympic Committee and the General Sports Federation since 1995.
|Fayssal Al Bassri||2005–2009|
|Farouk Bouzo||2009 (Acting)|
- ^ "معلومات عن اللجنة الأولمبي". viaf.org. Archived from the original on 15 July 2020.
- ^ "SYRIAN NATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE (SYR)". ocasia.org. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- ^ "Syria". olympic.org. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- ^ تاريخ اللجنة الأولمبية. syroc.sy. (in Arabic)
- ^ أعضاء مجلس الإدارة. syroc.sy. (in Arabic)
- ^ "Syrian Olympic Committee". 4 May 2020.