Suresh is an Indian masculine given name originating in the Sanskrit word sureśa (compound of sura and īśa). Its meaning is "Ruler of Gods" and it has been used an epithet for the Hindu gods Indra, Bhrama, Vishnu and Shiva.
People named Suresh include:
- Suresh (actor), Indian Tamil-Telugu film actor
- Suresh Balaje, Indian film producer
- Suresh Bharadwaj, Indian politician
- Suresh (director), Tamil film director
- J. Suresh, Tamil film director
- Suresh Gopi (born 1960), Indian Malayalam film actor
- Suresh Heblikar, Indian Kannada film actor
- Suresh Joachim, Tamil Canadian film actor, producer and multiple Guinness World Record holder
- Suresh Joshi, Indian poet, writer and literary critic
- Suresh Krishna, Indian Malayali film actor
- Suresh Krissna, Indian Tamil film director
- Suresh Kumar, American economist and businessman, Director-General of the U.S. Foreign Commercial Service
- Suresh Oberoi, Indian Hindi movie actor
- Suresh Raina, Indian cricketer
- Suresh Premachandran, Sri Lankan Tamil politician and leader of the Eelam People's Revolutionary Liberation Front
- Suresh Venkatasubramanian, Indian-American computer scientist
- Daggubati Suresh Babu, Indian Telugu film producer
- Subra Suresh, Engineer and scientist, president of Nanyang Technological University
- Suresh v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration) – a leading case of the Supreme Court of Canada
- Rosalind Fergusson (27 May 2009). Perfect Babies' Names. Random House. pp. 150–. ISBN 978-1-4090-6322-3.
- Monier-Williams, Monier (1899). "sureśa". A Sanskrit-English dictionary : etymologically and philologically arranged with special reference to cognate Indo-European languages. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|