Supreme is a 2016 Indian Telugu-language action comedy film produced by Dil Raju under his banner Sri Venkateswara Creations and directed by Anil Ravipudi. It stars Sai Dharam Tej and Raashi Khanna in the lead roles. The music was composed by Sai Karthik, while the cinematography and editing were handled by Sai Sriram and M. R. Varma.
|Directed by||Anil Ravipudi|
|Written by||Anil Ravipudi|
|Produced by||Dil Raju|
|Edited by||M. R. Varma|
|Music by||Sai Karthik|
|Box office||₹44.05 crore[b]|
Supreme was released on 5 May 2016 and became a commercial success at the box office.
Jagruthi Foundation, which was founded by a royal dynasty in Ananthapur having thousands of acres of land and also maintains schools, colleges, hospitals, orphanages, old age homes and other social service activities, is taken care by its trustee Narayana Rao. Vikram Sarkar is a mafia leader who wants to grab the entire foundation to build a factory, showing a loophole that it does not have original documents.
Narayana Rao files a case in the court that he will produce the documents along with the original heir within a month. Narayana Rao and Sarkar both are in search of an original heir. Sarkar appoints a professional goon named Beeku to kill them. Narayana Rao learns that the original heir is in UK. Raja Rao, who is the third generation of the royal dynasty, has the documents and is ready to produce the documents to the people, but Raja Rao dies in a road accident and the documents are missing.
Meanwhile, Balu is an aggressive taxi driver at Hyderabad who gets irritated if someone sounds the horn to his cab and makes their life miserable. He also falls in love with an incompetent local SI Bellam Sridevi Raashi Khanna, One day, Balu finds an Anglo-Indian orphan kid in his car trunk, where he names him as Rajan and takes care of him along with his drunkard father. The three of them get emotionally attached and become a family.
However, Rajan is suddenly kidnapped by Beeku and taken to Odisha. Balu and his father learn from Narayana Rao that Rajan is none other than Raja Rao's son and his parents are brutally killed by Sarkar. Balu's father accompanies Narayana Rao to help them with the case, while Balu sets out to bring Rajan back. Two musicians Seenayya and Shivayya also accompany him in name of providing a lift. Sridevi, who was kidnapped by Balu earlier, accompanies him to find Rajan. Rajan refuses to provide the documents to Beeku, where Beeku calls psychiatrists for help.
Balu, Sridevi and the musicians dress up as psychiatrists and escape with Rajan. Sridevi soon starts liking Balu and reciprocates his feelings. After reaching Ananthapur, Balu and the others are caught by Beeku, but the handicapped man (whose daughter was saved by Balu and Rajan) protects them from the goons. Balu fights with them where he sends Rajan with Sridevi to the court. However, Sarkar tells that Balu will be killed and blackmails Rajan to lie in the court to save Balu.
However, Balu arrives reaches the court and Rajan provides the documents (which was hidden in his Iron Man toy). Rajan also reveals Sarkar's crimes in the court, where Sarkar gets arrested. Sarkar attempts to shoot Balu and Rajan, but is shot dead by Sridevi, who is congratulated and receives the gold medal, which was her dream. In the aftermath, Balu and Sridevi happily get married in presence of their parents.
- Sai Dharam Tej as Balu
- Raashi Khanna as SI Bellam Sridevi
- Mikhail Gandhi as Rajan
- Rajendra Prasad as Nagaraju, Balu's father
- Kabir Duhan Singh as Vikram Sarkar
- Ravi Kishan as Beeku
- Sai Kumar as Narayana Rao
- Shiju as Raja Rao, Rajan's father
- Murali Mohan as a judge
- Posani Krishna Murali as Shivayya
- Ali as a doctor
- Vineet Kumar as Patnaik
- Tanikella Bharani as Commissioner
- Vennela Kishore as Constable Kishore
- Jaya Prakash Reddy as MLA
- Raghu Babu as Sridevi's father
- Surekha Vani as Janaki, Sridevi's mother
- Sivannarayana Naripeddi as Sridevi's paternal uncle
- Srinivasa Reddy as Seenayya
- Supreeth as Sarkar's henchman
- Ravi Babu as Nepali Krishna
- Khayyum as Mongolian Tibetian Ali
- Fish Venkat as a police officer
- Prudhviraj as Tom
- Prabhas Sreenu as Cruise
- Satyam Rajesh as Rajesh
- Sudigali Sudheer as a cinema director
- Shankar Melkote as an Industrialist
- Raghu Karumanchi as MLA's henchman
- Gundu Sudarshan as a drunkard
- Gautam Raju as Hero
- Sapthagiri as a man in airport
- Ping Pong Surya as Sridevi's brother
- Meena Kumari as Sridevi's sister-in-law
- Rajitha as Sridevi's paternal aunt
- Sravan as a police officer
- Raghava as Constable Raghava
- Giridhar as Venkatesh
- Thotapalli Madhu as M.P.
- Haribabu as Hari
- Shaking Seshu as Johnny
- Comedian Mahesh as spectacle seller
Cameo appearance edit
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||14 April 2016|
|Sai Karthik chronology|
The music was composed by Sai Karthik and Raj–Koti, with one song remixed from Yamudiki Mogudu. Music was released on Aditya Music Company. Audio was launched on 14 April 2015, held at Hyderabad.
|1.||"Taxi Vaala"||Shyam Kasarlla||Jaspreet Jasz, Divija Kartheek||3:03|
|2.||"Anjaneyudu Neevadu"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Karthik, Sooraj Santhosh, Deepthi Parthasarathy||4:14|
|3.||"Bellam Sridevi"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Sai Charan||4:07|
|4.||"Chalo Chalo"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Krishna Chaithanya||2:32|
|5.||"Andam Hindolam (Remix)"||Veturi||Chitra, L. V. Revanth||4:23|
The film was released on 5 May 2016.
Dubbed versions edit
- Jayadeva, Rentala (15 March 2016). వేచవి చూద్దాం! [Awaiting this summer!]. Sakshi (in Telugu). Archived from the original on 16 March 2016. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- "Sai Dharam Tej's 'Supreme' movie launched"
- "Supreme Music review songs lyrics". IndiaGlitz.com. Retrieved 4 September 2021.
- "Supreme Audio Launch Highlights !!". Errabus. 15 April 2016. Archived from the original on 18 April 2016. Retrieved 4 September 2021.
- kavirayani, suresh (24 April 2016). "Supreme ready for May 5 release". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 12 February 2020.