List of mountains named Sugarloaf(Redirected from Sugarloaf (mountain))
The name Sugarloaf or Sugar Loaf applies to numerous raised topographic landforms worldwide: mountains, hills, peaks, summits, buttes, ridges, rock formations, bornhardt, inselberg, etc. Landforms resembling the characteristic conical shape of a sugarloaf were often so named. According to the United States Board on Geographic Names, there are over 200 such designations in the United States alone.
There are over 450 hills, mountains or peaks named with a variant of "sugarloaf" or "sugar loaf". That includes 49 instances of "the Sugarloaf" and 19 of "Mount Sugarloaf".
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Pão de Açúcar), in Rio de Janeiro
- Cerro Pan de Azúcar (Colombia) ("Sugarloaf Mountain"), in Medellin, Antioquia
- For the battle of Sugar Loaf Hill where the United States 6th Marine Division fought, see Battle of Okinawa#Southern Okinawa
- Sugar Loaf (Freetown) is a mountain on the edge of the capital city
United States of AmericaEdit
- Sugar Loaf (Mackinac Island), a rock formation in on Mackinac Island in Michigan
- Sugar Loaf (Winona, Minnesota)
- Sugarloaf (Geauga County, Ohio), one of the highest points of Northeast Ohio
- Sugarloaf Hills, two prominent peaks on Totoket Mountain in Connecticut
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Cleburne County, Arkansas)
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Arizona)
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Butte County, California)
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Riverside County, California)
- Sugarloaf Mountain (San Bernardino County, California)
- Sugarloaf Ridge, situated in Sugarloaf Ridge State Park in northern California
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Boulder County, Colorado) in Sugarloaf, Colorado
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Florida), the highest point of peninsular Florida
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Rowan County, Kentucky)
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Franklin County, Maine)
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Maryland)
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Franklin County, Massachusetts)
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Marquette, Michigan)
- Sugarloaf Hill (Putnam County, New York) and Sugarloaf Mountain (Dutchess County, New York) two nearby peaks in the Hudson Highlands of New York
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Greene County, New York), one of the Catskill High Peaks
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Ohio, New York), in the Town of Ohio in Herkimer County, New York
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Webb, New York), in the Town of Webb in Herkimer County, New York
- Sugar Loaf Mountain (Orange County, New York)
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Rutherford County, North Carolina)
- Sugar Loaf Mountain, near Patrick,(Chesterfield County, South Carolina), is maintained by the Sand Hills State Forest, as a family recreational area.http://www.state.sc.us/forest/refshill.htm
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Ross County, Ohio), situated in Great Seal State Park, located in Chillicothe, Ohio
- Sugarloaf Mountain, a mountain near the Alta Ski Area outside of Salt Lake City, Utah
- Cerro Pan de Azúcar (Sugarloaf Hill), Maldonado
- New Webster's Dictionary and Thesaurus. "sugarloaf." Lexicon Publications, Danbury, Connecticut, 1993.
- U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2011-07-01.
- U.S. Army corps of Engineers. (1952). "Calayan Island (topography map) - near 19° 30' N, 122° 00' E ". University of Texas in Austin Library. Retrieved on 2014-09-01.
- U.S. Coast & Geodetic Survey (1919). "United States Coast Pilot, Part 1", pg. 19. Government Printing Office, Washington.
|This set index article includes a list of mountains that share the same name (or similar names).|