Susan Valerie "Sue" McCready (born 4 April 1981 in Sunbury, Victoria) is an Australian sport shooter. Since 1997, McCready had won a total of eleven medals (five golds, four silver, and two bronze) in both air and small-bore rifle at the Oceania Shooting Championships. She also captured a gold medal in the women's 50 m rifle three positions at the 1998 Commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, accumulating a score of 667.3 points. McCready is the wife of three-time Olympian (2004, 2008, and 2012) and pistol shooter Daniel Repacholi.
|Full name||Susan Valerie McCready|
|Born||4 April 1981|
Sunbury, Victoria, Australia
|Height||1.60 m (5 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||60 kg (132 lb)|
|Event(s)||10 m air rifle (AR40)|
50 m rifle 3 positions (STR3X20)
|Club||Melbourne International Shooting|
|Coached by||Miroslav Sipek|
McCready made her official debut for the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, where she placed fifteenth in the 10 m air rifle, and twentieth in the 50 m rifle 3 positions, with total scores of 392 and 574 points, respectively.
At the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, McCready finished twenty-seventh in the preliminary rounds of the women's 10 m air rifle, with a total score of 391 points, tying her position with four other shooters including South Korea's Seo Sun-hwa. She also accumulated a score of 567 targets (194 in a prone position, 187 in standing, and 186 in kneeling) in her second event, 50 m rifle 3 positions, by two points behind Japan's Hiromi Misaki, finishing only in twenty-fifth place.
Eight years after competing in her first Olympics, McCready qualified for her third Australian team, as a 27-year-old, at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, by finishing second in the air rifle (AR40) from the 2007 Oceanian Shooting Championships in Sydney. She placed forty-second in the women's 10 m air rifle by one point ahead of Venezuela's Diliana Mendez from the final attempt, with a total score of 386 points. Nearly a week later, McCready competed for her second event, 50 m rifle 3 positions, where she was able to shoot 195 targets in a prone position, 172 in standing, and 183 in kneeling, for a total score of 550 points, finishing only in forty-third place.
|50 metre rifle three positions||20th
|10 metre air rifle||15th
- "ISSF Profile – Sue McCready". ISSF. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Sue McCready". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Jaspal Rana shoots second gold". The Tribune. 19 September 1998. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- Ryan, Caitlin (18 March 2008). "Set for shot at Games". Sunbury Leader. Archived from the original on 29 October 2009. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Sue McCready". The Daily Telegraph. Sydney. 28 July 2008. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Women's 10m Air Rifle Qualification". NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 16 August 2012. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Women's 50m Rifle 3 Positions Qualification". NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 16 August 2012. Retrieved 29 January 2013.