Students for Cooperation
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Students for Cooperation (SfC) is a co-operative federation of student co-operatives across the UK, which exists to "develop and support the growing student co-operative movement". As a secondary co-op, the organisation is owned and controlled by its constituent member co-operatives.
|Purpose||To develop and support the UK's student co-operative movement.|
|24 food co-ops, 4 housing co-ops, 1 bike co-op, 1 swap/re-use co-op|
Students for Cooperation hosts between 2-3 conferences a year usually referred to as Summer, Autumn and Winter Conferences. These conferences move between different locations - generally in different university cities in which student cooperatives are based. These conferences feature forums for debate and discussion about the direction of Students for Cooperation, workshops to train individuals in member cooperatives and sessions provided by guest speakers from the wider Co-operative Movement.
The conferences also facilitate General Meetings in which policy proposals can be submitted by member cooperatives for Students for Cooperation to adopt.
National Body of Student Housing Cooperatives (NBSHC)Edit
Students for Cooperation through funding obtained from the East of England Co-operative Society contracted Acorn Co-operative Support  to undertake a primary report  into the establishment of a National Body of Student Housing Cooperatives to address issues holding back the growth of existing student housing cooperatives and establishment of new ones across the UK. The report in part was inspired by the successes seen in the US and Canada by the work of North American Students of Cooperation. Students for Cooperation was recommended to raise the sum of £20,000 of initial seed funding to cover costs of legal work and registration of the National Body and is currently seeking this funding.
- "Aims and Principles". students.coop. Students for Cooperation. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "How young people, technology and co-op values are creating a better future". The Guardian. 26 March 2014. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "New association will help UK students to set up co-operatives". Co-operative News. 10 April 2013. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "Our Network". students.coop. Students for Cooperation. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- Acorn Coop Support Website
- Feasibility Study for a National Body of Student Housing Co-ops
- Creating a National Body of Student Housing Co-operatives
- students.coop – The Students for Cooperation website.