Originally from Toronto, Ontario, Meghie worked as a public relations agent in the fashion industry in New York City prior to returning to school to get a degree in screenwriting. Her feature film debut, Jean of the Joneses, premiered at the SXSW Film Festival in 2016. The film received a nomination for Best First Screenplay at the Independent Spirit Awards two Canadian Screen Award nominations at the 5th Canadian Screen Awards in 2017, including a nod for Meghie in the Best Original Screenplay category.
- "Canadian director Stella Meghie on how her indie film led her to Hollywood". CTV News, September 13, 2016.
- "‘Jean of the Joneses’ Director Stella Meghie Is One to Watch". Ebony, October 21, 2016.
- "Stella Meghie makes her directorial debut with Jean of the Joneses". Q, November 16, 2016.
- Boykin, Eboni (March 11, 2016). "SXSW 2016 Women Directors: Meet Stella Meghie – 'Jean of the Joneses'". Retrieved July 20, 2016.
- "The Canadian Screen Awards nominations are out!". Now, January 17, 2017.
- Kit, Boris; Ford, Rebecca (July 20, 2016). "Amandla Stenberg, Nick Robinson to Star in 'Everything Everything' (Exclusive)". Retrieved July 20, 2016.
- ANDERSON, TRE'VELL. "Stella Meghie and Sasheer Zamata bring the black rom-com to Toronto with 'The Weekend'". Retrieved 12 September 2018.
|This article about a Canadian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|